Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2021, 06:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Welcome! And by the way, I don't think there is such a thing as a typical Pentax user, LOL, really!
Quite true, we are a special group who use a very special brand of cameras. Welcome to the forum, smcrae.

04-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome and best regards from Western Australia
04-19-2021, 02:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum from the fenlands of England!
04-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #19
Forum Member

Welcome! Can't wait to see your work

04-21-2021, 01:46 AM   #20

Original Poster
Thanks again for the great welcome.

The first test film is being processed (somewhat delayed by Coronavirus) so I hope to get something back worth posting!

I certainly hope the camera works as I found good deals on a couple of lenses and extension tubes while I was waiting for it to be processed!
04-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Hi, welcome to the forums!
04-24-2021, 07:55 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by smcrae Quote
I’m very pleased to have found this forum, find the content useful and look forward to engaging here!

I’m retired and shot film from when I was a kid until I went all digital about 29 years ago. Early last year I decided to start shooting film again for fun. I’ve never really been a Pentax user before, with the sole exception of an Auto 110 I bought with an ex-girlfriend (who kept it). But I found myself locked down in a different city to my extensive film camera collection and missed having an SLR. Then I happened to see the movie We’ll Take Manhattan where David Bailey used an S3 and thought it looked cool, classic and retro. A bit of research, and the fact that I’ve been using only manual 120 and Rangefinder cameras during lockdown, sold me on getting it, but I didn’t find an S3 on eBay that seemed to fit what I wanted. Then I came across an S2 that looked perfect (with a 50mm F2.2 Super-Tak). I discovered when I got it that it I had struck lucky and it is a Super S2 with 1/1000 sec and coupling for the meter (though I am happy to stick with my Weston and an iPhone App) - so pretty much an S3 really.

So far, I’ve really enjoyed using it (though I haven’t processed the first roll yet). I happened to come across a set of extension tubes for the S2 at a decent price online, so they are on the way to give me a Macro capability, and if I like the results I am thinking about getting a 24mm.
Wish you all the best!

07-13-2021, 03:19 AM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
Welcome from Cookham. I lived in Twickenham for a number of years. Looking forward to seeing some shots of the river and surrounds!

All the best.
Hi Jeff, Sorry for the delay, just catching up on some old threads I meant to ge back and respond to. I’m looking forward to taking some shots around Twickenham to post! I was visiting Munich last summer and ended up locked down here. I keep expecting the travel situation to improve, then infections start rising again. I hape to make it over in the summer - next week is the first anniversary of leaving “for a 2-3 month trip to Germany”! (We have an apartment here, too, so it’s not too much of a problem, but Twickenham is very picturesque!)
07-24-2021, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome and thanks for being here. Your introductory post is very informative.