Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2021, 06:45 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hello From Toronto!

Hello Pentaxians!

I have to confess to you all that in my roughly thirty years of shooting, I have never once owned a Pentax. Over the past year, I have been considering adding one to my humble collection of gear. Pentax strikes me as a bit of an old school and quirky company that is very likeable. I love the iconic design of their cameras, and they certainly look fun to use. I've arrived at this forum to get more information on the new K3 III, the K1 ii, and Pentax's lineup of Limited series lenses.

I'm looking forward to learning more from this enthusiastic community!

Instagram
500px

Last edited by wsself; 04-12-2021 at 07:22 AM.
04-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lots of Pentax shooters from the GTA on the forum, so we'd be happy to have you join us. This is a great place for info and was invaluable to me when a salesman suggested Pentax to me almost a decade ago.
04-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wsself Quote
. . . . I've arrived at this forum to get more information on the new K3 III, the K1 ii, and Pentax's lineup of Limited series lenses. . . .
Welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

the camera comparison tool is very helpful

Pentax K-3 III vs. Pentax K-1 II vs. Pentax KP vs. Pentax K-3 II - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com

there a quite a number of Pentax DSLR which are worth looking at:

Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Pentax Digital Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

as far as the " Limited " series, there are the FA Limiteds

Pentax FA Prime Lenses - Reviews and Specifications - SLR and Interchangeable Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

and the DA Limiteds

Pentax DA Prime Lenses - Reviews and Specifications - SLR and Interchangeable Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Pentax DA Zoom Lenses - Reviews and Specifications - SLR and Interchangeable Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
04-12-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from the northwest of the GTA! I'm a long time Pentax shooter since the early '80s (MX), and have just recently dipped my toe into the Pentax dslr world (K5ii and K10D). After having also used several other digital systems in the past couple of years (Fuji X; Nikon full frame), I couldn't be happier with my choice to stick with Pentax. Just outstanding cameras for image quality (no. 1 priority); usability and ergonomics; seamless backwards compatibility to all my old film era lenses; and weather sealing(!). The latter is a big deal for me, as I do a lot of hiking and mtn. biking, often in rain and snow, and having the reassurance of a weather sealed camera and lenses is wonderful. -20C and puking snow....no worries....Love it!

Enjoy the forum! Lots of friendly, helpful folks here.

04-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
04-12-2021, 02:05 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard from south of the inland sea. Actually Pentax makes the cameras and we supply the quirky.
04-12-2021, 02:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums. I have the K-1 II and it is excellent in all aspects.

04-12-2021, 07:18 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Lots of Pentax shooters from the GTA on the forum, so we'd be happy to have you join us. This is a great place for info and was invaluable to me when a salesman suggested Pentax to me almost a decade ago.
Hey, thanks very much! Does everyone in the GTA get their Pentax gear online or through special order? Know of any retailers in our area where one can get their hands on the goods before buying?
04-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
Hello up there in Scotland and thanks for the warm welcome!
04-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey thanks very much for the warm welcome and for taking the time to post those useful links - much appreciated! I see there is a great wealth of knowledge within this forum - like I've never seen before!
04-12-2021, 07:25 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Actually Pentax makes the cameras and we supply the quirky.
Haha! Well quirky is good, no matter who is supplying it!
04-12-2021, 07:35 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Viking42 Quote
Welcome from the northwest of the GTA! I'm a long time Pentax shooter since the early '80s (MX), and have just recently dipped my toe into the Pentax dslr world (K5ii and K10D). After having also used several other digital systems in the past couple of years (Fuji X; Nikon full frame), I couldn't be happier with my choice to stick with Pentax. Just outstanding cameras for image quality (no. 1 priority); usability and ergonomics; seamless backwards compatibility to all my old film era lenses; and weather sealing(!). The latter is a big deal for me, as I do a lot of hiking and mtn. biking, often in rain and snow, and having the reassurance of a weather sealed camera and lenses is wonderful. -20C and puking snow....no worries....Love it!

Enjoy the forum! Lots of friendly, helpful folks here.
Hey there fellow GTA resident! Thanks for your remarks on your transition to the world of Pentax DSLR. I've never owned a camera that has both IBIS and weather sealing. Like you, I like to shoot outdoors and would love to have more of an opportunity to make use out of the weather that might typically be considered unaccommodating.
04-12-2021, 07:36 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Welcome aboard from south of the inland sea. Actually Pentax makes the cameras and we supply the quirky.
Thanks for the welcome! Waving at you from across the lake!

---------- Post added 04-12-21 at 07:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Welcome to Pentax Forums. I have the K-1 II and it is excellent in all aspects.
Thanks for the welcome! Are you using Limited lenses with your K-1 II by any chance?
04-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
04-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #15
Closed Account

Hi from Australia.