Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2021, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobSpain Quote
It's so nice though to use a manual lens again as it takes me back to the film camera era! I still have an ME Super and an LX. Amongst other lenses that I have is a 100mm M Macro SMC lens that has a gorgeous focus ring that goes on and on (or round and round)!
Reminiscing about film does come around frequently but I have not gone back to it. The fastest lens I had, before I got that 1.4 nifty fifty, was a 55mm 1.8 for my first SLR, a Petri FT. To me that Petri was built very like a tank (or a Pentax) and was part of the reason I bought my K1000 SE. Which eventually led me to go with Pentax DSLRs.

04-23-2021, 11:47 PM   #32
Forum Member

Welcome!
04-26-2021, 03:07 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
Reminiscing about film does come around frequently but I have not gone back to it. The fastest lens I had, before I got that 1.4 nifty fifty, was a 55mm 1.8 for my first SLR, a Petri FT. To me that Petri was built very like a tank (or a Pentax) and was part of the reason I bought my K1000 SE. Which eventually led me to go with Pentax DSLRs.
That's amazing! I have Petriflex too! Still got it, although I haven't used it for years. It still seems to work ok, although the focusing is a bit stiff! And it is well built. My dad bought it for me when I was fourteen. That's how I learnt my photography too!
04-26-2021, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's amazing! I have Petriflex too! Still got it, although I haven't used it for years. It still seems to work ok, although the focusing is a bit stiff! And it is well built. My dad bought it for me when I was fourteen. That's how I learnt my photography too!
Petri was ahead of the times, in my opinion. I remember others telling me that their cameras were better because they had more exposure range. My Petri had a 55mm 1.8 - 16 lens, film sensitivity to 1600 ASA, shutter speeds from 1/1000 to B, and a pretty wide variety of lenses with TC and even bellows for macro work. All in all I found it comparable to the Nikons, Mamiyas, Minoltas and more of the era. My FT is still in nearly perfect working order, as well as the lenses.

04-27-2021, 02:37 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
Petri was ahead of the times, in my opinion. I remember others telling me that their cameras were better because they had more exposure range. My Petri had a 55mm 1.8 - 16 lens, film sensitivity to 1600 ASA, shutter speeds from 1/1000 to B, and a pretty wide variety of lenses with TC and even bellows for macro work. All in all I found it comparable to the Nikons, Mamiyas, Minoltas and more of the era. My FT is still in nearly perfect working order, as well as the lenses.
But sadly went out of business.
04-27-2021, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But sadly went out of business.
Unfortunately, true, but my Petri FT is still fully functional and in great condition, as are the lenses and other accessories.