Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Geelong, Australia

Hello to all.
After some years of enjoying film cameras, I have decided to take the leap across to Digital.
Hope to get plenty of useful hints from this website.
I still intend to keep using my 2 vintage MF Voigtlanders.
Their size and design makes transporting them around during my working days, very easy.
I have a collection of M42 Takumar lenses and will continue to use them on my new K200D.
Will I dispose of my other Film Bodies?
Maybe my Ricoh KR-5 Super II and my Pentax Super ME SE, but not my 2 Spotmatics.

11-23-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome there sheepdog!

Post up some Geelong shots, we need a few here. You will find heaps of helpful posters on the forums. Great place to hang out.
11-23-2008, 03:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums. Look forward to seeing some of your images
11-23-2008, 03:26 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you and me both making the leap.

I've no regrets so far and it's been nearly 12 months since my last film (sounds almost like I should be in a confessional booth)

11-23-2008, 03:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums! Interesting dilema you have - the choice comes down to which you like the least! Good luck with it! And don't forget there is an active crowd of film SLR users here too!

Hope to see you around and sharing some images.

Cheers
11-23-2008, 04:18 AM   #6

Welcome and have a good time here. Hope you are able to get alot of support and an avenue to express yourself here.

However, you can leave any pictures from Kadinia Park behind! From a long loving Saints supporter. LOL
11-23-2008, 04:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As you've already gathered there are one or two (three, four....) Aussies here, so you'll feel right at home. Welcome, mate - what'll you have?
11-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks to all.
Live in Geelong, but the whole family bar one, supports the Freo "Shockers." The wife's the odd one out-- she's a "Kardinia Park" girl!
I am still using my 2 Spotmatics. The II has an unfinished roll of film in it, with shots from Bright up in NE Victoria.
The Ricoh , because of its light weight, has always been the body I use at events such as Airshows etc, where there are a lot of distances to be covered on foot. (And usually fitted with an M42 adapter.) It's basically a plastic K1000 anyway! Got it off "Fleabay" for
$ 12 Aussie. And it has been very reliable. A very under rated brand me thinks.

11-26-2008, 04:06 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome enjoy the fruits of our labour

cheers
11-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #10
Pentaxian

More Australian Pentaxians! Welcome.

I'm not overly-worried about the 'death of film,' ...I think it's like vinyl records, ...people have been pronouncing the imminent demise of those since I was born, ...it's mass-market conveniences that have a way of being dropped for the next big thing: the important stuff will stay.
12-02-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Death of Film?
Fuji are laughing all the way to the bank and have been since Kodak pronounced that it was "dead."
I have a good friend who works the film processing machines at a local photo shop.
She says that they have never been as busy as they are now, processing film.
And we are in an economic recession!.
No, I intend to keep my to Spotmatics going as long as I can, along side my new K200D DSLR.
I had both the "Spottys" CLR'd 2 years ago. New foam all around, shutters retimed and lubed, and the interiors cleaned. Both are now as good as the day they came of the Pentax line. Love 'em and those beautiful Takumar primes.
12-02-2008, 03:43 AM   #12

Hello from another Geelong Pentax user.
I've got an MX and a K10D.
12-02-2008, 04:20 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Welcome. It's great to see the Aussie contingent growing - surely a sign that Pentax is slowly making some headway in this market.
12-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bonovox Quote
Welcome. It's great to see the Aussie contingent growing - surely a sign that Pentax is slowly making some headway in this market.
It seems like a good place to market smaller brands: it seems there's a pretty big Kowa contingent there, for instance, ..they never got big in America.
12-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Welcome Bellakelpie.

I wish I could get my hands on a Nice Spottie to try out ... I have a small collection of Super Tak primes that I use on one of my K10D's ... and I really love the old glass. I prefer it over my new AF lenses (although my Tamron 90mm Macro is an exception there).

Looking forward to seeing some of your images as well.

I am one of those that has started in the Digital Age ... but want to head into film and give that a go ... more as a challenge than anything.

Oh ... there is a Takumar club thread in the SLR Lens Discussion section ... there's approximately 1000 posts ... with about the same amount of images from regular Tak users .. well worth the look.