Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-01-2021, 05:59 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Hi From North Carolina

Hello from North Carolina! I just wanted to introduce myself; I primarily shoot for myself although I did start a studio this year (you have to pay for gear somehow!) and I also do stock photography and shoot for the company I work for. I have been enjoying photography since I was a kid and when I started college my Dad gave me his Pentax K-1000 and lens collection. I moved to the digital world under forced compliance when I lost a screw in my K-1000 while trying to make a repair. I first purchased a K-3 II and some lenses by Tamron and Sigma (love the Art lenses) but finally upgraded to full frame with the K-1 Mark II. I love the star series lenses and the others in the professional lineup. The lens makes such a difference! Anyway, I carry my camera kayaking, backpacking (yes, I bought a pack that can handle a massive amount of weight since these are heavy, but it is so worthwhile!) and this summer plan to start doing some astrophotography, traveling into some areas with good dark skies to play around. The best part of photography is that the sky is not the limit - you can be creative, play with a wide variety of style and content, and always be learning. It engages my mind and provides challenge and creativity. Photo attached was some fun I had with a friends kid and water this past summer.

Attached Images

05-01-2021, 06:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! I’m in Charlotte myself. I started with plastic cameras when I was six and moved on to 35mm film by age 10 or 11. I used Nikon manual focus for years, then the pz-1 Pentax autofocus caught me and I never looked back. Looking forward to seeing what you shoot.
05-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard. Astro-photography is a K-1 series forte, it is challenging and rewarding and we have a wealth of experience on the forums so ask away when you need to.
05-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hello, welcome!

05-01-2021, 03:16 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from the petroleum patch. Hope to see some of your photo postings...
05-01-2021, 05:33 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome from Canada!
05-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Alleghany County. Stop by Biggs Camera frequently and browse the back hallway. I’ve found more used Pentax equipment that I use daily for $5. Every now and then excellent manual Pentax lenses as well.Though they don’t sell new Pentax, they certainly respect the brand and its capabilities.

05-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

welcome!
05-01-2021, 07:57 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum, from the SE coast of NC.
05-02-2021, 03:45 AM   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

love the photo

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here
05-02-2021, 05:36 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums from the fenland of England!

It's nice to hear that you recently opened your studio—good luck!
05-03-2021, 12:19 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum. enjoy all it has to offer
05-03-2021, 12:24 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Welcome from UK nice to hear your story!
05-03-2021, 07:33 AM   #14
rm2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by IronHearth Quote
Hello from North Carolina! I just wanted to introduce myself; I primarily shoot for myself although I did start a studio this year (you have to pay for gear somehow!) and I also do stock photography and shoot for the company I work for. I have been enjoying photography since I was a kid and when I started college my Dad gave me his Pentax K-1000 and lens collection. I moved to the digital world under forced compliance when I lost a screw in my K-1000 while trying to make a repair. I first purchased a K-3 II and some lenses by Tamron and Sigma (love the Art lenses) but finally upgraded to full frame with the K-1 Mark II. I love the star series lenses and the others in the professional lineup. The lens makes such a difference! Anyway, I carry my camera kayaking, backpacking (yes, I bought a pack that can handle a massive amount of weight since these are heavy, but it is so worthwhile!) and this summer plan to start doing some astrophotography, traveling into some areas with good dark skies to play around. The best part of photography is that the sky is not the limit - you can be creative, play with a wide variety of style and content, and always be learning. It engages my mind and provides challenge and creativity. Photo attached was some fun I had with a friends kid and water this past summer.
Welcome. I'll be on the lookout for your shots.
05-03-2021, 07:38 AM   #15

Welcome to the Forums. Awesome photograph.