Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Inactive Account

G'day from Norfolk Island

I live on a tiny island in the South Pacific owned by Australia. I've just recently purchased a W60 camera as I wanted something compact and sturdy I could take traveling. I'm really struggling with it and need some help. I hope I'm at the right place.

The manual that came with it is in Chinese and my Chinese is non-existent, so that's not very helpful. I've downloaded the English version but it is not like having a book you can carry about.

Can somebody please tell me why it makes clattering noises when the video is operating and how I can turn this darn racket off?

11-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum.
I'm afraid I can't help you with the noise thing, I haven't any reports of this though.
With regards to the manual, if you pick out the pages with the relevant info you need, you can photograph them (protect them on the card) then you can view them when you need to by selecting and zooming in.
The most important thing is to shoot, shoot, shoot then you will get the hang of the camera and not need the manual.
11-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings from Kangaroo Island, another island sort-of owned by Australia (though we charge mainlanders for entry and I hope you do too). You'll find this a great forum for learning about your camera and everything photographic. The knowledge here is unbelievable.
Like Gary, I can't help you with your particular camera, but if you post a thread on the Pentax P&S Camera Discussion section I'm sure someone will be able to advise you. At a rough guess I'd say the racket comes from the tiny speaker (usually worse than useless in P&S cameras). If you work your way through the menu I'm sure you'll find something that says "sound off" or "audio off" or suchlike.

In the meantime, Welcome!
11-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome.

That is the most beautiful part of australia I want to visit!

11-24-2008, 03:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
G'day neighbour - greetings from the big island next door to you!

A beautiful place you have there - a colleague of mine visits there once a year and has nothing but praise for the people and the beauty of your home! Must get over there some time!

WRT your noises, as Wombat suggests, post your question in P&S for an answer - this forum is teaming with people willing to share knowledge. You might also try a search to see if someone has discussed the same issue - perhaps look for W60 noise - Good luck.

Cheers
11-24-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

mudlark, welcome and I think you may have a bung W60 mate??? Mine doesn't clatter when in vid mode. If you pay for 2 return air tickets from Sydney to your joint, you can have my W60 manual.

Peter
11-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, sounds so exotic the South Pacific, images of girls in grass skirts etc.

It's probably nothing like that at all, only in the movies maybe.

11-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, sounds so exotic the South Pacific, images of girls in grass skirts etc.

It's probably nothing like that at all, only in the movies maybe.
Steady, Jimmy, steady. No, it's nothing like that. It's not even in the South Pacific. And it's full of pines, not palms.