Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2021, 07:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
I think I only had a few lenses so this must have been the DA16-45mm/f4 - lovely and sharp but hard to get the geometric distortions out in post and the barrel had quite a wobble to it. It also extended when zooming out and the lens got into the flash coverage, casting weird shadows Having said that, I learned a lot using that lens for a few years.
Photography is a learning experience, even when one has been photographing for many years. Like life we can learn something new almost every day.

05-16-2021, 01:51 AM   #17

Original Poster
I think I only had a few lenses so this must have been the DA16-45mm/f4 - lovely and sharp but hard to get the geometric distortions out in post and the barrel had quite a wobble to it. It also extended when zooming out and the lens got into the flash coverage, casting weird shadows Having said that, I learned a lot using that lens for a few years.
I don't have one of those. But I can definitely understand the sentiments of working a lot with a single lens. Can be frustrating, but also a great learning experience.
05-17-2021, 02:53 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
05-17-2021, 06:47 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. I advice you to make the DA* 60-250 baffle modification to use with the K-1 without vignetting.

05-17-2021, 12:56 PM   #20

I love Ettelbruck, it's such a beautiful place and surrounding area. Compared to that the region Bascharage/Differdange is quite 19th century industrial.

I don't have them cataloged by location and I was just starting out with my first Pentax, a K110D so I'm having trouble locating examples but:

This was in a restaurant in Differdange

This one in Bascharage if I remember correctly
Great photos! Welcome!
05-17-2021, 01:03 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrea K Quote
Welcome to the forum. I advice you to make the DA* 60-250 baffle modification to use with the K-1 without vignetting.
Hi. Thanks. I have thought about the modification, but I am also thinking about selling the lens. Have you done it? If so, how diificult?

---------- Post added 05-17-21 at 01:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
Hi. Nice names for all your lenses. Which lady is your favourite?

My girlfriend gifted me with a trip to Scotland in 2018. A few nights in Glasgow, then the second half of the West Highland Way, a few days in Skye and and three nights on Islay (love the whisky). While I had my K3 with me, I failed to take any pictures I really liked. Someday I hope to go back and rectify that.
05-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi Oliver, a welcome from Denmark

05-18-2021, 03:11 AM   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wellshot Quote
Which lady is your favourite?
I’m not foolish enough to risk a mutiny in the Harem, by going public with that sort of information.
05-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #24

Original Poster
Ha... no problem. That's fair enough. Just checked a few of your pics in the exclusive gallery. Quite a lot of expertise on display.
06-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #25
Forum Member

Welcome to the forum!