Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-14-2021, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hello from NE Ohio

Hi all. I've been a pentax user since my first real camera. I have also long used this website as a resource. I'm finally devoting more time to my photography and I've decided a great way to help keep myself involved is to contribute to the forums here. I already know how great of a community this is, and look forward to joining you all.
A little about me, I'm a 36 year old guy with a wonderful girlfriend (13 years going strong), no kids but a great dog, and we all live in Akron Ohio. I'm currently a CNC machinist, but a little more on that later.

My Pentax camera journey has included an Auto110 that I used a fair amount when I was in middle school (I was already weird), an Optio S4 I carried in an Altoids tin in my pocket through high school (including to Costa Rica with Spanish club), a K1000 I bought for my black and white photo classes in community college, a K100D Super gifted me by my Nikon shooting mother, a K01 that I brought on many of my road trips when I lived out west, the Q I bought to try to get supertele on the cheap (was never satisfied), and the K1 I bought last year as I have been getting back into photography after some time away. So while I'm new here, I'm by no means new to Pentax!

Over the past year I have added quite a bit to my lens collection. I'm planning on adding reviews for some of my favorites, and maybe even doing some comparison threads that will benefit people. Of particular note, I have Tamron 60B, 65B, 360B, as well as all 3 Adaptall teleconverters and both Pentax L teleconverters. I'm hoping to have time to start doing some semi-serious comparison testing on all of those soon. I also have what I'm getting the impression might be a unicorn rare lens; my Sigma APO MACRO 180mm F2.8 with the lovely non-deteriorated Zen coating, in KA mount. Hopefully anyone will believe me.

As for my photography, I will first admit to being guilty of being a collector as much as a user of my photo gear these days. Covid not only took away a lot of my opportunities for shooting, but gave me much more time to lust after new gear! However, I'm looking for all of that to change, and will be trying my best to shoot more and buy less. Helping me in that will be the fact that I am leaving my exhausting job, and plan to build a life where I can devote more time to travel and my hobbies. And I will be broke for the foreseeable future while some of this plays out. Perfect opportunity to get out with my camera.
I'm (lately) most interested in nature, macro, and food and still life photography. I value sharpness and high detail. However, a larger percentage of what I have shot in the past has been travel, snapshots, and candid portraits of family and pets.

So, I will be looking forward to contributing to this group steadily here moving forward, and sharing my love of photography with all of you. Cheers.

06-14-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard. I'm in Canton. If you are driving through on 77 honk and I'll wave.
06-14-2021, 05:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forums, don't lose your machining skills, get yourself a small machining center and you can make parts for photo gear. I had a friend do a little work on a quick release mount for me a few years ago. I am from the western half of Ohio, but living in Carolina now, so I have different things to shoot, but still never enough time. As the owner of a Sigma Macro 50/2.8, I did not know that there was Zen coating that did NOT deteriorate, I hope it stays that way for you! That must be a heck of a lens.
06-14-2021, 07:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from New Zealand!

06-14-2021, 07:37 PM   #5
Closed Account

Hi from Australia.
06-14-2021, 07:49 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello to you too!
06-14-2021, 10:26 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! I seem to have accumulated more lenses that I really need and its so hard to let go of them!

06-14-2021, 10:56 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your photography. Hope you find more time to get in action again.. I know the feeling. Greetings from Greece!
06-14-2021, 11:01 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello again from Australia - keep in touch with the forum, and POST SOME PHOTOS.
06-15-2021, 02:29 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.
06-15-2021, 07:25 AM   #11
Forum Member

Welcome Wadge22!
06-25-2021, 01:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Seems like you've had a wonderful Pentax journey!

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your time here.
06-25-2021, 07:03 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I am a neighbor (sort of) in Pennsylvania.
06-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #14

Hi, from just east of Cleveland!
07-29-2021, 09:17 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome...I'm down Columbus way.