Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
Inactive Account

hi all ........ :) (from portugal...)

Hi all.

My name is Palu and this is my short presentation.
Iím from Porto Ė Portugal. The city is most known by its world wide known Port WineÖ
Itís a quite nice old town implanted in the end of a river and by the Atlantic Ocean. There are registry of itís foundation in the year of 868, so there is a nice old atmosphere all around.
My formation is in lightning, photo and video. I worked in video and cinema 16/35 mm as a freelancer lightning technician. But now I work in the public station of television. (the same as BBC, but here in Portugal)
I hate work here!!!
Before entering my course I was 3 years in the university to become an engineer, but then I give up because my passion was photo and lightning.
That was a good decision. I would never be a good engineer. But now I donít work in what I like either.

Iím registered in some forums and Iíll start doing more seriously the thing that I do in my spare time and that is making still images. This is what I love and what I do better.
My current camera is a fujifilm 5600 (donít laughÖ) hehe.
It is a very honest and amazing camera for the price and category.
After studying a lot of reviews and after I took it in my hands in a store, I decided that Iíll order a PENTAX K10d.
Iíll need some ideas is this process and than lets share ideas and pictures.

Iím glad to be here.
Thanks allÖ

Palu Guimaraes

03-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome aboard. look forward to seeing pictures from your area.
03-11-2007, 07:39 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Palu!

QuoteOriginally posted by Palu Guimaraes Quote
Hi all.

Iím from Porto Ė Portugal. The city is most known by its world wide known Port WineÖ
Itís a quite nice old town implanted in the end of a river and by the Atlantic Ocean. There are registry of itís foundation in the year of 868, so there is a nice old atmosphere all around.
My formation is in lightning, photo and video. I worked in video and cinema 16/35 mm as a freelancer lightning technician. But now I work in the public station of television. (the same as BBC, but here in Portugal)
I hate work here!!!
Before entering my course I was 3 years in the university to become an engineer, but then I give up because my passion was photo and lightning.
That was a good decision. I would never be a good engineer. But now I donít work in what I like either.

Iím registered in some forums and Iíll start doing more seriously the thing that I do in my spare time and that is making still images. This is what I love and what I do better.
After studying a lot of reviews and after I took it in my hands in a store, I decided that Iíll order a PENTAX K10d.

Iím glad to be here.
Thanks allÖ

Palu Guimaraes
Welcome aboard!

My stepfather is Portugese - born in Lisbon. He and my mother often stay in Algarve during the winter months to enjoy the warmer weather (compared to Canada). He is a die-hard Benfica fan, listens to the football matches regularly on short-wave radio from Ottawa....

Get that K10D and show us your pics...

Cheers,
Marc
03-11-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
:)

Hi people.

Thanks for the reception.
When I get the camera the pictures will arrive.

Talking about benfica...., LOL , I'm in the oposite side... Like real madrid and barcelona or manchestar and chelsea. hehe

And the Algarve I think is really nice alternative to the winter in Canada.
18ļC medium in winter.... Not too hot, not too cold...

Many thanks again.
Palu

03-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Palu!

Glad to have you here. The Fuji you have is a great little cam. I still own its grandfather, the 2800z. Hopefully you have a better understanding of operating a camera in M mode - something that I didn't have on my 2800z and I'm still learning. I'm sure you will really enjoy the K10d!

Look forward to seeing the pictures from your side of Portugal! Don't hesitate to post up any Fuji shots - the guys here don't bite as we all appreciate great photos!
03-11-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Palu.

Tell you what - if you send me a bottle of Vintage Port, in exchange I'll do a thorough user review for you!

Just kidding, though Port is arguably my favorite beverage. Bordeaux, Barolo, and coffee are close - but if I had to select just one it might be Porto after all.

--Sean
03-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Bem vindo,

Cumprimentos,

Pedro Santos
03-16-2007, 05:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome Palu. I'm glad you found your passion before you became an engineer. Spending your life doing something you don't really enjoy isn't much fun. Looking foward to seeing some of your pictures, and hopefully learning more about lighting from you!

03-16-2007, 05:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Hello

QuoteOriginally posted by Palu Guimaraes Quote
Hi all.

I hate work here!!!

Iím glad to be here.
Thanks allÖ

Palu Guimaraes
Welcome Palu...I love Porto!