Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
07-21-2021, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #16

Enjoy the forum

07-29-2021, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
The K1000 is a good camera to learn on as it has so few features. I learned in a Spotmatic don't remember the model as that was in 1973

Rob is correct focus and learning the basics and everything else will fall into place. Warning though this forum has too many posters that will try to get you to buy more and more gear. My theory is their reason is for them to then tell their spouses that they are not that bad , look at how much stuff this other guy has. 😀. Maybe I exaggerate a little.

There are many film shooters on this forum, some are relatively new at it and others started probably around the same time as your grandmother for her ME Super or even before that.

This is a friendly place and never be afraid to ask questions about either photography or your cameras.

Is your location Saskatchewan?
Hahaha! I will keep that in mind. I have discovered I will have to get new light seals, but I will try to keep my collection small!! Maybe...

Yes, I am in Saskatchewan! Lots of wide-open prairies where I have got some nice shots- I am looking forward to taking some of our sunsets!!
07-29-2021, 06:44 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by archaeodude Quote
Welcome to the forums from the fenlands of England!

You've come to the right forum if you want to learn about doing photography the Pentax way. Many members are friendly and helpful, especially to those of us that ask questions and post actively on others' threads.

Enjoy your cameras, and have a good time on your gap year—where are you planning to go?
I am looking forward to it!! I just got my first photos back with the camera so now I know way more about how it works and what I did wrong!!

I plan to nanny for a year abroad. I am currently in Canada but have been speaking to a family in Italy!! Lots of film coming with me if that works out!!
07-30-2021, 01:27 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by murpheye Quote
I am looking forward to it!! I just got my first photos back with the camera so now I know way more about how it works and what I did wrong!!

I plan to nanny for a year abroad. I am currently in Canada but have been speaking to a family in Italy!! Lots of film coming with me if that works out!!
It sounds like you're getting accustomed to your new camera—I'm sure it was very exciting to get your first roll(s) of film developed!

A friend of mine's sister worked as a nanny in various countries over the years, and it certainly sounds like a good way to see different parts of the world. I've never been to Italy, but it does seem like a country with lots of picturesque sights!

07-30-2021, 05:07 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of others here who shoot film, either exclusively or in combination with digital. You'll find a lot of others posting in the film thread here.
07-30-2021, 07:01 AM   #21

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn about all things Pentax, and there are a lot of friendly members ready to answer all your questions.

The Pentax K1000 is a really good 35mm film camera. It typically was sold with a 50mm f/2 lens, which is an okay lens, but if you really want to wow your friends and your budget allows, consider a future purchase of a Pentax 50mm f/1.7 or Pentax 50mm f/1.8 lens.

Have fun with your "new" camera. I have one of these myself, and might need to dust it off and go film shopping...
07-31-2021, 08:21 AM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by murpheye Quote
Hahaha! I will keep that in mind. I have discovered I will have to get new light seals, but I will try to keep my collection small!! Maybe...

Yes, I am in Saskatchewan! Lots of wide-open prairies where I have got some nice shots- I am looking forward to taking some of our sunsets!!
Medicine Hat is almost in Saskatchewan judging by the license plates plus the Riders stuff for sale in stores.