Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good Day eh from The great White Noth

Hello All

I am just starting out in the DSLR world. I have had several PS over the last few years each one a little more advanced than the next - so the k100d was the next logical choice. I was not a Film SLR guy so lots to learn. On that note what book(s) would you recommend ? Terms like barrel distortion, prime, all the ampeture and shutter numbers you guys spit out are greek to me at this point.

I hail from Alberta , Canada where it is not so white these days (spring meltdown makes everyhting pretty messy).

Have an upcomming Road Trip (driving from Phoenix back here), hope to give the Camera and Lenses a workout (as opposed to taking pictures of things in the house !)

03-11-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi there, Daacon and welcome!

Nice choice there with the K100d. Don't underestimate it - the thing is a great camera!

Hmmm. To answer your concerns about understanding the terminology, you can try this link:

Ultimate Exposure Computer

I hope it helps you. I give it a read every now and then, and if I need a refresher, I've kept it as a favourite in my Internet Explorer.

If you have a problem, don't hesitate to put up any questions you may have and I'm sure that either myself or the rest of the people here can help wherever they can.
03-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Alvin

That will help ! I also bought Adobe Photoshop CS2 so I am diving right in - only thing I lack is time ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
03-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome,

you will have lots of fun with this camera. I have the k10d now but the k100d was my first choice in the fall of 2006. Take a look at the photo section, you will see many great images that come out of a k100d. As for software don't worry about it, first take lots of images and experiment with the camera later while weather is not suitable, dive into CS2 with you stack of photos.

03-11-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Thanks Alvin

That will help ! I also bought Adobe Photoshop CS2 so I am diving right in - only thing I lack is time ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Photoshop - hehehe. One piece of software I can't afford just yet. So I can't help in that department. But lot's of guys here who can. Too many people come to mind.

Lemme invest in my gear first and my photo-taking skills then I'll work on that software.