Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2021, 03:15 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Takumar lenses brought me here.

Bin lurking for a few weeks whilst looking for info on some vintage Asahi Pentax lenses. This site is full of interesting and informative people so I'm very pleased to be a 'member'. I'm still on the take at the moment but promise to give back all I can

08-29-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.
08-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NDG Quote
Takumar lenses brought me here.
The Takumars are a joy to use, that's for certain!

Welcome from Canada. We always enjoy seeing images from Taks, regardless of what camera is used.

- Craig

08-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums NDG!
08-29-2021, 07:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Bin lurking for a few weeks whilst looking for info on some vintage Asahi Pentax lenses. This site is full of interesting and informative people so I'm very pleased to be a 'member'. I'm still on the take at the moment but promise to give back all I can
Hey! Takumar lenses brought me here too.
08-29-2021, 11:00 PM   #7
Forum Member

Welcome to the forums NDG, Lot's of great info on this site. Plus great people. But be careful I also just like you stopped in to have a look at the Takumar's I now have around 50 of them. If I can help with questions drop a line and I will see if I can help. It is difficult to know where to start. Enjoy the club this is a very special place. The old Coondog

08-30-2021, 10:14 AM - 1 Like   #8
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Welcome aboard!
Thanks Adam - this place is awesome and literaly jam packed with volumes of interesting knowledge, thoughts and ideas! How on earth am I ever going to get any work done
08-30-2021, 10:16 AM   #9
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.
It's like being in an Aladdins cave
08-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
The Takumars are a joy to use, that's for certain!

Welcome from Canada. We always enjoy seeing images from Taks, regardless of what camera is used.

- Craig
I can't believe the quality of these excellent lenses and the astonishing images they produce with a little care and thought - I'd never even heard of them two months ago. Sigh, I have so much to learn
08-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #11
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Welcome to the forums NDG!
It's great to be here, thanks to you and everyone else for the warm welcome
08-30-2021, 10:21 AM   #12
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Widefoot Quote
Hey! Takumar lenses brought me here too.
This site is just bursting with good energy Must be the Takumar vibes resonating through the interwebs.
08-30-2021, 10:27 AM   #13
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by coondog Quote
Welcome to the forums NDG, Lot's of great info on this site. Plus great people. But be careful I also just like you stopped in to have a look at the Takumar's I now have around 50 of them. If I can help with questions drop a line and I will see if I can help. It is difficult to know where to start. Enjoy the club this is a very special place. The old Coondog
That's just about the best advice a man could get but.........too late Coondog. Still, at least I'm trying to limit myself to one of each focal length. Not sure how long that will last though, the results I'm getting are epic (by my standards) and they're such a joy to spend some time with
09-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #14
Forum Member

That's just about the best advice a man could get but.........too late Coondog. Still, at least I'm trying to limit myself to one of each focal length. Not sure how long that will last though, the results I'm getting are epic (by my standards) and they're such a joy to spend some time with
Hi NDG Take it slow as you have time to learn about different glass you will see that there might be 4 or 5 of the same focal length but very different photos from each. Have you found the reviews on this forum? Also, youtube has a lot of very good videos tuns of info, you will get to know who is worth listening to or not. There are some people that do not have enough knowledge to be doing a review or telling you how to clean lenses etc. Ask some of us old farts for info. I would be glad to help if I can answer your question. Have a great day old coondog
09-04-2021, 07:14 AM   #15
NDG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by coondog Quote
Hi NDG Take it slow as you have time to learn about different glass you will see that there might be 4 or 5 of the same focal length but very different photos from each. Have you found the reviews on this forum? Also, youtube has a lot of very good videos tuns of info, you will get to know who is worth listening to or not. There are some people that do not have enough knowledge to be doing a review or telling you how to clean lenses etc. Ask some of us old farts for info. I would be glad to help if I can answer your question. Have a great day old coondog
Thanks for the advice and offer of assistance coondog, all very much appreciated. One question I have; is there any way to remove/polish out micro scratches on rear lens elements? Or maybe they're best left alone? Reason I ask is I have a Super Tak 135mm f3.5 which is crisp and sharp compared to an early preset Tak 135mm f3.5 I've used a couple of times. The preset is; a) far more difficult to nail focus with wide open and b) when I do nail the focus still loses a lot of the super fine detail the Super Tak manages to resolve. The preset has what looks like a few tiny micro scratches on the rear element and also a bit of dust on the inner surface of the rear element too. The Super Tak has the dust but it doesn't detract from good image quality If I hadn't gotten such amazing results with the Super Tak I'd probably be OK with the preset, but reading the reviews here I'm a little perplexed. I'd like to have a go at stripping and rebuilding the preset but would value your experience and opinion before diving in.