Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #1

Hi all, I'm PCoelho from Portugal

Hi all,

My name is Pedro, 33 years old and I live in Lisbon - Portugal, always loved photography I think I got that from my father.
Have been lurking around here since July and I love to read every bit of this forum, after my old Canon Powershot A40, a Fuji f40 and a Fuji F50, I decided I wanted more control and start looking for a SLR, for some reason when I was looking for a new SLR I felt that Pentax was the right machine to me lol, waited a few months for Photokina (hoping for k30d and the drop of k20d price) and a few weeks I couldn't resist anymore and purchased the K200D kit with DA 18-55mm II and the DA 55-300mm, got a very nice deal 589€ at my door.

I hope that my photos get better with the time, cause I want to learn and this Forum is a great place to that.

I'm in love with the pictures in "the clubs", lots of great artists here in this forum, I'll try to avoid LBA but I bet I can't resist to buy some oldies in next months.

Cheers

12-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PCoelho Quote
I'm in love with the pictures in "the clubs", lots of great artists here in this forum...

Cheers

Welcome Pedro!

Those 'Clubs' are a great inspiration and demonstrate just how good the old glass is. Even the off-brands and less regarded lenses are capable of astonishing images in the right conditions. I just wish they would stickie the club threads at the top so noobs could see right away what talent there is on these boards.

You've got a terrific camera for learning in the K200, and that kit lens has a wonderful sweet spot at 35mm and around f/8.

Chao!
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Bem vindo Pedro !

Which part of Lisbon are you living ? That's really a great place to take pictures : Jeronimos, Sintra, Belem (and its little pastries ), Alfama , I really had great time there.
Looking forward to see some of your pictures !
12-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I must say, I'm a little disappointed. I thought you were Paulo Coelho from Brazil.

Welcome to the board, anyway. Unfortunately, all I know of Portugal is oranges, anchovies and piri-piri.

12-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Pedro. You've made a great choice in both camera and forums.
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy the forum.
12-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TourDeForce Quote
Welcome Pedro!

Those 'Clubs' are a great inspiration and demonstrate just how good the old glass is. Even the off-brands and less regarded lenses are capable of astonishing images in the right conditions. I just wish they would stickie the club threads at the top so noobs could see right away what talent there is on these boards.

You've got a terrific camera for learning in the K200, and that kit lens has a wonderful sweet spot at 35mm and around f/8.

Chao!
The clubs are truly inpiration even dead lens club, damn still recovering.
Thanks for the tip I'll try that cause in a future I want to get a Limited and 35 is one of the focal that I'll check.

QuoteOriginally posted by Furansu Quote
Bem vindo Pedro !

Which part of Lisbon are you living ? That's really a great place to take pictures : Jeronimos, Sintra, Belem (and its little pastries ), Alfama , I really had great time there.
Looking forward to see some of your pictures !
I live in a new part of the city not the historic/old part but only takes 5 or 6 Subway station to be in downtown (Baixa/Chiado/St Jorge Castle/ Alfama) Lisbon is a small town .
I'll Let you know when I start shooting, right now is raining most of the time.

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
I must say, I'm a little disappointed. I thought you were Paulo Coelho from Brazil.

Welcome to the board, anyway. Unfortunately, all I know of Portugal is oranges, anchovies and piri-piri.
Lol think positive I shoot with a pentax , I can't believe you dont know "our" Codfish/Olives/olive oil/Wines

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Welcome Pedro. You've made a great choice in both camera and forums.
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, enjoy the forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome , I'm glad to be here, "Pentax Guys" are different and this forums are funtastic.

Cheers
12-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
Damn Brit

Welcome Pedro, I have yet to reach Portugal, it's the one country in Europe I have always wanted to visit but somehow it never worked out. I ended up in Greece, Spain, France, Holland, everywhere except Portugal. I do intend to remedy that in a few years.

12-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I ended up in Greece, Spain, France, Holland, everywhere except Portugal. I do intend to remedy that in a few years.
Well, I've made it to Illinois, Minnesota, and Michigan. Bet you're jealous!