Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

Hello from Limburg, the Netherlands

Hello there!

I'm new here, started my "career" in photography with a Sony A35 with a Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.0 en a lot of old Minolta stuff. Stupidly i made the mistake to make the switch to O-MD E-M5. We never became friends, to small for my big hands, to many expensive lenses and to few good cheap ones unless you're willing to go full manual. I've sort of lost my interest for a few years.

Recently I've moved to another house and (almost) every morning i see the sunrise above the river Maas from my bedroom window. For a year now I've been thinking what great pictures i could take from there if i still had a decent camera. So this week I've decided that would buy myself a new toy. Also i want to do some macro and wildlife.

So Canon and Nikon were no option because to mainstream (I'm the idiot that always does things different type of guy). So i ended up with a K-70 body. This weekend I'm going to shop around my first lens, probably second hand. Maybe i need some help from you guys. I also came across this forum al lot when still in my Sony days when shopping for lenses. Always good reviews and i nice, friendly community.

Ernie C.

09-23-2021, 01:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Although opposing ourselves to “mainstream” is not always the best choice, I tend to do it too. But we surely did get the best out of it this time. The K-70 is a great camera. Hope we see some photos soon!!
09-23-2021, 01:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
Haha, As long as we don't take ourselves to serious, there is nothing wrong with a little opposing. But at the and of the day i still have to work with that 'mainstream' Ricoh copier at my job.

Of course the good reviews of the k-70 were also a big part in my consideration. I can't wait to get started.
09-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums.

09-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #5
Closed Account

Hello Ernie, welcome from Australia.
09-23-2021, 08:01 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!
09-24-2021, 03:47 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland

09-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Ernie. My guess is doing the opposite to others will be quite common here. If I see a herd of people going one way, that's decided it for me: I'm off in the other direction. Enjoy your new toy ...