Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2021, 12:13 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Hello my dear Pentaxians!

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around PF for some time and have finally decided to create an account here!

My photography story starts around 20 years ago when I joined the school's photography club. My father got me an old Minolta X-300 with a 50mm prime. We shot in BW and developed everything ourselves. When I turned 14 or 15 my interests obviously changed to entirely different things and that was the end of that chapter

My interest got ignited again around 5 years ago when I started doing some travel photography, then on my wife's EOS 1000D. Researching lenses lead me to the fantastic SMC Takumar 50mm F1.4 and into the entire line of Takumar lenses. These days I own a small collection of M42 lenses and can't get enough of old glass, mainly looking for S-M-C lenses, but also Soviet and East German ones

In the analog department I have a number of film SLRs, including three Pentax (ES, ES2, ME Super) bodies. But so far I've only shot (and still do) film on my Minoltas (X-300 and X-500). So much gear, so little time... As for digital, I shoot on a Fuji X-S10 (the small one with IBIS). It's a fantastic camera, though when I'm using adapted film lenses there's a little devil on my shoulder going "you could get so much more out of this lens using an FF sensor"

Best
Philipp

Last edited by trilean; 10-18-2021 at 07:51 AM.
10-14-2021, 01:25 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Philipp

Welcome to the forum.
I remember the Minolta X-300. A friend of mine had one. In fact, I liked it so much that I almost bought one at Shaps Cameraland in Cape Town but then my eye fell upon a Pentax...... And the rest, as they say, is history.

Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
New Zealand
10-14-2021, 04:30 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello Philipp, welcome from Australia.
10-14-2021, 06:12 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys!

Is it possible to edit a post? The link (that was automatically added?) to the lens is wrong. I meant the SMC one, the last iteration for M42, not the modern FA*.

10-14-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are logged in you should have the option to edit a post.
10-15-2021, 02:16 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
10-15-2021, 03:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum.

QuoteOriginally posted by trilean Quote
The link (that was automatically added?) to the lens is wrong.
The automatic links are a delightfully quirky feature of this website. Also watch for randomly inserted extra blank lines.
Rest assured, at least, that we are all used to it and will not judge someone if their posts contain some less-than-helpful links or goofy paragraph formatting. I know that I'm fine with it, if that's what it takes to keep the lights on around here.

10-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks, I guess I couldn't edit posts because I was still in the moderated phase where every post had to be checked by a moderator before being public. Anyway, it works now