Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-16-2021, 05:01 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Necessity is the mother of invention

Hello PF,

Short time lurker here. As the tile says, I wanted to start filming but modern lenses are above my paygrade, thus I have become a fan of vintage lenses.

The best feeling is when everyone praises your footage not realizing it was taken with a 30 year old lens.

10-16-2021, 05:15 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

check out the reviews of the full line of Pentax lenses
QuoteQuote:
Welcome to the Pentax Lens Review Database | Pentax Lens Series Overview
If you are looking for Pentax lens reviews or technical specifications, you've come to the right place! This is a comprehensive database of user reviews of Pentax interchangeable SLR lenses, complete with information on every Pentax lens ever produced from K-mount (digital and film) to mirrorless to medium format. See also our in-depth lens reviews.

Read more at: Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

and many third party lenses as well

QuoteQuote:
Welcome to the Third-Party Pentax Lens Review Database!
This database contains reviews and technical data on third-party lenses (made by Sigma, Tamron, etc.) designed for use with Pentax K-Mount DSLRs and film SLRs. In addition to being able to post lens reviews, users can also add new lenses to this database.

Read more at: Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database
10-16-2021, 05:37 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, and of course we would love to see some of those photos. A good place for that is the weekly challenges, you are given themes to try and challenge yourself. We all help each other out by sharing here, and you can find out a lot about those great old lenses, and the newest ones too.
10-16-2021, 06:08 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Welcome, and of course we would love to see some of those photos. A good place for that is the weekly challenges, you are given themes to try and challenge yourself. We all help each other out by sharing here, and you can find out a lot about those great old lenses, and the newest ones too.
Hi Ramsey,

I will absolutely post some photos!

10-17-2021, 12:47 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Paragon Quote
not realising it was taken with a 30 year old lens.
Welcome to the forum, most of my "Ladies" are of this era... but I don't tell 'em so they're none the wiser.
10-17-2021, 11:28 PM   #6
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Paragon Quote
Hello PF,

Short time lurker here. As the tile says, I wanted to start filming but modern lenses are above my paygrade, thus I have become a fan of vintage lenses.

The best feeling is when everyone praises your footage not realizing it was taken with a 30 year old lens.

Yes this is true and many vintage Pentax lens, that cost a fraction of the price as the new ones, are very capable !