Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2021, 02:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from a new member.

Good to finally be a member of the Pentax forum, I've been reading posts here for some time, and you all seem to be a friendly and helpful bunch.
I'll be looking for some help from members as I enter the world of DSLR's.
(I have an ME Super and assorted SMC M lenses that I would like to keep using with a DSLR).

Cheers

Stephen

11-03-2021, 03:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings from South Wales (UK) - my first camera was an ME Super, and I still miss it (it rusted up inside after falling in a stream) - but there are great Pentax DSLRs too
11-03-2021, 03:56 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Stephen, welcome from Australia.
11-03-2021, 05:15 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland

11-03-2021, 06:02 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stephen_G Quote
(I have an ME Super and assorted SMC M lenses that I would like to keep using with a DSLR).
The best Pentax DSLR for M lenses is either the k3iii (with new logic that allows use of M series (or K series) lenses in more exposure modes and with less cumbersome workflow) or the K-1/K-1ii (which allows them to have the same angle of view as they did on 35mm film).

Welcome aboard!
11-03-2021, 06:32 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Greetings from Greece Stephen_G!
There’s a great Pentax Dslr for every need (and budget)... If you are just starting digital photography, firstly, enjoy your time, you’re gonna love it. Secondly, you can take a look at the camera reviews in the forum to specify what are the differences between the models and what is right for you. There are also camera-specific forums where you can get a look at the work produced by other forum members.
11-03-2021, 06:48 AM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums

lots of friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

don't give up on your SLR

Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

here are a couple of articles you might want to review

QuoteQuote:
K-3 III How-to: Using M and K Lenses
How to use M and K series lenses with the K-3 III
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on May 27, 2021
https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/k-3-iii-how-to-using-m-and-k-lenses.html

QuoteQuote:
How to Use Manual Lenses on Pentax DSLRs
Virtually all K-mount and M42 lenses are compatible!
By PF Staff in Tutorial Videos on Apr 29, 2013
https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/tutorial-videos/how-to-use-manual-lene...tax-dslrs.html

and this is a very helpful tool

camera comparison

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-cameras-compared/?c1=Pentax+K-3+I...=Pentax+K-3+II

and be prepared for a lot of advice on how to spend your money on DSLR and other gear

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-03-2021 at 06:57 AM.
11-03-2021, 06:52 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To add to my first post; all Pentax DSLR’s work with the M lenses, some just have advantages. I don’t mean to suggest those are the only choices.
11-03-2021, 07:00 AM   #9
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
To add to my first post; all Pentax DSLR’s work with the M lenses, some just have advantages. I don’t mean to suggest those are the only choices.
QuoteQuote:
Pentax K-mount Lens Compatibility Chart
Copyright 2006-2020 Mosphotos.com. All rights reserved.

Pentax bayonet lenses labeled "SMC Pentax" are referred to as "K" lenses in the table below. Other Pentax bayonet lenses have the lens designation as a part of their name as in "SMC Pentax-FA".
Note that "star" lenses work like their "non-star" counterparts unless they are singled out in the table below. So for compatibility of a DA* lens which is not singled out, look under DA lenses, etc
The Pentax K-mount Camera Lens Compatibility Chart
11-03-2021, 02:32 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
11-04-2021, 02:55 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

Just to say a big thanks to all that have replied to my post, great information and a friendly welcome.
This is very much appreciated.

Cheers
Stephen