Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-08-2021, 07:19 AM - 4 Likes   #1

New Old Guy--- currently in Arkansas

Hello! I'm the new owner of a K-10, and have been lurking here for a bit. I'm retired, in NW Arkansas, and not really a Luddite; I just already had several lenses that work on the K-10. To be honest, I'm not a very good photographer. I managed a 'C' in Photojournalism class in the 1970s, FWIW. Grew up on a sharecropped cotton farm, worked through college (the first time). I've been a dishwasher, cook, Electronics Field Engineer, Registered Nurse, and Doctor of Oriental (Sorry, the state's word choice, not mine.) Medicine, and through it all, a writer. Hobbies are Ham Radio, Cycling, Motorcycling, Martial Arts, Air guns, Archery, Atlatls, Blowguns, and more writing. Hoping to get some tips here and learn to take better photos.

11-08-2021, 07:22 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Needles Quote
Hello! I'm the new owner of a K-10, and have been lurking here for a bit. I'm retired, in NW Arkansas, and not really a Luddite; I just already had several lenses that work on the K-10. To be honest, I'm not a very good photographer. I managed a 'C' in Photojournalism class in the 1970s, FWIW. Grew up on a sharecropped cotton farm, worked through college (the first time). I've been a dishwasher, cook, Electronics Field Engineer, Registered Nurse, and Doctor of Oriental (Sorry, the state's word choice, not mine.) Medicine, and through it all, a writer. Hobbies are Ham Radio, Cycling, Motorcycling, Martial Arts, Air guns, Archery, Atlatls, Blowguns, and more writing. Hoping to get some tips here and learn to take better photos.
Welcome to the forums from another K10D owner who's also not that great a photographer, an occasional ham radio enthusiast, and an ex field-target airgunner

See? You're in great company here
11-08-2021, 07:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, you have an interesting CV and I look forward to seeing pictures from your beautiful state
11-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There’s a group here that does a self-challenge called “Single in” and they each choose a lens from their own collection and shoot their chosen lens every day for a month. They post one photo a day from that lens and offer each other feedback. A similar group called “Daily in” exists but has no presumption of using the same lens for the shots - still the challenge to each person (self challenge) is to post a single photo every day and comment on the photos from others.

11-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard.
Enjoy!
11-08-2021, 03:11 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
11-08-2021, 07:09 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Pentax Forums from another Arkansas member.

11-08-2021, 11:47 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the community! Doing that many different things must be so interesting, a daily shot of inspiration! We don’t need to be natural photographic talents. We enjoy doing it. I look forward to seeing your photos ! Greetings from Greece!
11-09-2021, 12:30 AM   #9

Photos: Albums
Hello Needles!
With all those interests, I'm sure you've got a few stories to tell to anybody you meet. Personally I'd like to try the atlatl sometime, to see how hard it is to pick up. I have a blowgun that I picked up as a souvenir in Singapore, but never used it except to try it out.
11-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, enjoy all that the forum has to offer
11-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #11

Original Poster
Ha!Ha! Thanks for the welcomes! I don't do all of that every day. I try to cycle and write a bit daily. Mostly I dabble in a lot of things from time to time.
11-11-2021, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Welcome aboard!

I can't say I've ever met anyone who was into atlatls. Very cool. You should share some photos sometime.

That reminds me that I was in Brussels a couple of weekends ago and I stumbled upon an "urban axe throwing" establishment that looked like a blast. Wish I'd had time to try it out!