Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
12-10-2021, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to have you back. Look forward to seeing your work.

12-11-2021, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Welcome back Punkrockemo ! Lovely cameras you have. I'm curious on the lens set you have, do you maintain 2 sets or one Full-frame set and use it on the KP ? Or do you have specific usecases for each camera. Welcome again and looking forward to see your pictures.
I had KP a while before getting the K1 so had built up quite a collection of APSC lens (normally buying 2nd Hand). I mostly use this with DA ltd lens which makes it a lightweight option.

The K1 i initally bought to use DFA ltds on, but figured as it is higher resolution, and bigger heavier camera it would make sense to use it for slower landscape stuff where I am using filters and tripod etc so I sold the DA zooms that i had started using it with 24-70 and 70-210. It has not really got as much use as i had hoped until recently (The pandemic ha not helped). The new 21mm Ltd is a bit of a game changer for me as it allows me to pack a lighter K1 kit and still have most of my bases covered so will lilkey use it more.

To be honest at the moment i have to much kit but have not decided how to cut it down.
12-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Punkrockemo Quote
I had KP a while before getting the K1 so had built up quite a collection of APSC lens (normally buying 2nd Hand). I mostly use this with DA ltd lens which makes it a lightweight option.

The K1 i initally bought to use DFA ltds on, but figured as it is higher resolution, and bigger heavier camera it would make sense to use it for slower landscape stuff where I am using filters and tripod etc so I sold the DA zooms that i had started using it with 24-70 and 70-210. It has not really got as much use as i had hoped until recently (The pandemic ha not helped). The new 21mm Ltd is a bit of a game changer for me as it allows me to pack a lighter K1 kit and still have most of my bases covered so will lilkey use it more.

To be honest at the moment i have to much kit but have not decided how to cut it down.
Same boat ! need to cut down at the same time expand. Need a wide angle zoom but I see I already have too many lenses, the 21mm doesn't help . It is a good stress to have. Enjoy your stay and welcome again.
12-14-2021, 07:46 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Punkrockemo Quote

Welcome to the forums. You have a really good set of cameras and lenses.