Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2021, 08:06 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from NZ!
There have been quite a few people on the forums that have repaired their own K-50s by replacing the solenoid. If you are handy with fixing things then it might be worth a go.
Example article: Manual: Solenoid Replacment Pentax K-30/50/500 + Discharge of flash-condenser - PentaxForums.com
There are also posts on how to get replacement solenoids (either for donor broken camera or new).

12-16-2021, 02:19 AM   #17
dlhawes

Howdy from up along the Old Northwestern Va. Turnpike.
12-16-2021, 08:13 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
Welcome! I have a K-50 with aperture block, it is very disappointing. You could consider getting a few older M series lenses and shooting manual.

Thanks I have a few m lenses and you just gave me an idea for another post:hmm
12-16-2021, 08:23 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Welcome from NZ!
There have been quite a few people on the forums that have repaired their own K-50s by replacing the solenoid. If you are handy with fixing things then it might be worth a go.
Example article: Manual: Solenoid Replacment Pentax K-30/50/500 + Discharge of flash-condenser - PentaxForums.com
There are also posts on how to get replacement solenoids (either for donor broken camera or new).

Thanks had diabetes and age not dimmed my eyes I certainly would not think twice about attempting the repair but as it is now I dont trust myself trying with all the small parts involved