Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2021, 07:47 PM - 4 Likes   #1

Q fan and former lurker here!

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few years but finally decided to sign up so I can interact.

I own a yellow and black Q7, a blue and white K-01, and a few film cameras that mostly sit on a shelf collecting dust. Had an Eva edition Q10 for a bit. Also have a few non-Pentax cameras, mostly film other than a blue and brown Canon EOS M. I'm a sucker for small cameras and hope to eventually add an Auto 110 and a Q-S1 to the lineup.

The Q7 is my favorite of them all and is also my primary camera. I've used it both personally and professionally and its size and adaptability make it perfect for my needs. I have the 01, 02, 06, 07, and 08 lenses for it, in addition to a number of C, D, and K mount lenses. I prefer to take all my shots as-is with no editing and all effects done in camera, so vintage D mounts in particular really appeal to me for their combination of small size and quirkiness.

I could probably talk about the Q series all day. Feel free to yell about it with me if you like.

Nice to meet you all and hope everyone has a happy new year.

12-31-2021, 09:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Eva edition, Which one? 01/02/ or 03?
12-31-2021, 11:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Very cool, welcome to the forum! Come and join in on the weekly projects and challenges.

I've been thinking of a Q for a while (similar to you, small cameras are a draw- and the Eva models look great) did you notice much difference in the Q10 to Q7? What made you ditch the Q10?
01-01-2022, 04:01 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome (at last ) lurk no more, just jump right in whenever you want.

01-01-2022, 08:41 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum!
There's a whole section for Q discussion. I bet you will get some envy for that 08 lens.
If you ever do pick up an Auto 110, I think you'll find it quite fun. It was my first camera (besides disposables), and it was simple enough for a kid to use, but a lot cooler than a point and shoot. Not sure about film and developing these days, although I'm sure there are some members who do know those things.
01-01-2022, 11:01 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!
01-01-2022, 02:58 PM - 3 Likes   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Eva edition, Which one? 01/02/ or 03?
QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
Very cool, welcome to the forum! Come and join in on the weekly projects and challenges.

I've been thinking of a Q for a while (similar to you, small cameras are a draw- and the Eva models look great) did you notice much difference in the Q10 to Q7? What made you ditch the Q10?
02, which was such a weird color combo on a camera but it worked somehow. I initially got a Q10 because I wanted to play around with the smaller sensor size, but I found that I didn't like the (admittedly very slight) firmware differences or the way it focused. I knew I wouldn't use it over my Q7, and I felt bad having something that expensive collecting dust. I might eventually get an original Q but for now I'm happy throwing my money at weird lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by wadge22 Quote
Welcome to the forum!
There's a whole section for Q discussion. I bet you will get some envy for that 08 lens.
If you ever do pick up an Auto 110, I think you'll find it quite fun. It was my first camera (besides disposables), and it was simple enough for a kid to use, but a lot cooler than a point and shoot. Not sure about film and developing these days, although I'm sure there are some members who do know those things.
The 08 was my "white whale" and I only got it recently after two years of hunting. As awesome as it is I wasn't about to pay $800 for one...

110 film is expensive and developing it is a pain which is part of why I don't have an Auto 110 yet. I have a Lab-Box for 35mm and 120, and I've been hoping they'll make a 110 module for it. I know it's unlikely, but maybe one day they'll cater to the tens of us who would use one. 😂

Appreciate the warm welcome, everyone. Looking forward to hanging out in the Q forum.

01-01-2022, 03:39 PM   #8
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum ldottxt, I'm also a Q fan!
01-01-2022, 07:09 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, ldottxt! I'm jealous because you managed to get an Eva Q10. I'd like to get the 00. Can't believe you gave it up. I would've kept it just to display, but that's just me being an Eva fan.

I'm also jealous of your lens collection. Since you mentioned that you use the Q professionally, I'd like to see what you've managed to get from the camera.

I'd recommend getting the original Q just for the build quality, but that's the only reason why I'd recommend it. I haven't touched mine since I got my Q7.
01-02-2022, 12:53 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
Welcome to the forum, ldottxt! I'm jealous because you managed to get an Eva Q10. I'd like to get the 00. Can't believe you gave it up. I would've kept it just to display, but that's just me being an Eva fan.

I'm also jealous of your lens collection. Since you mentioned that you use the Q professionally, I'd like to see what you've managed to get from the camera.

I'd recommend getting the original Q just for the build quality, but that's the only reason why I'd recommend it. I haven't touched mine since I got my Q7.
If I'd been able to get a 00 at a reasonable price it would be in a display case above my fireplace with a spotlight shining on it. That color combo is stunning.

Getting my feet under me around the forums but I'll be posting pictures eventually! I can't post any of my work stuff due to NDAs but I have plenty of personal images to make up for it.
01-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HI
I have a Q S1 with all the lenses and love the camera the quality of pictures it takes. I have an Auto 110 and the 110 super. Also with all the lenses. They take great pictures. If you are going for an Auto 110 go for the super. Its added features make it worth it. The newer Yankee tanks have a 110 setting on the reel. Welcome to the club. As a note, there is a 3rd party teleconverter for the 110.