Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings from Estoril, Portugal

Hi there!

I found this forum while I was searching for information about the K10D and decided this looked like a friendly, serious place, so I decided to register.

Just got my K10D a couple of days ago and started shooting.
The level of discussions found in the net about this camera is amazing... It must be that good, or no-one would bother.

About me:

I'm a book publisher and translator, I live in Estoril coast, some 20 km off Lisbon, and I have three kids. Photography is "just" an hobby.

If you ever come to Portugal, feel free to ask for directions for some suprising sites to take fantastic photos, a bit away from the traditional tourist routes.

03-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Penta x Tuga!

I've noticed a couple people from Portugal come on within the last few weeks. Glad to have you here! If you have any problems with your K10D or want to learn more, look around and I'm sure you'll find an answer here!

Can't wait to see some photos!
03-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Forum Member

Ola!

Hey...My parents are from Portugal (Lisbon) and I go back all the time. (well, almost....I was there last year with my wife and two young kids, and then a year before with a friend of mine.). Then a few times before that as well. I am a strange one as I can't speak Portuguese very well (I can get by, barely) but I understand almost everything being said! (I guess it comes from my first 5 years of life my parents only spoke to me in Portguese but when I went to school they told them to speak to me only in English....oh well....at least its buried in my subconscious as I don't feel out of place when I'm there as I understand what people are saying or telling me).

Anyhow...I love going back. (every year has been my goal since my last daughter is now old enough to fly without making a scene...like she did last year! Yikes!) I hope to go back in December. I would love to see what Christmas is like in Portugal. My mom says it was beautiful (but that was over 40 years ago).

Oh well...Welcome to the forum. I'm not a regular poster but I lurk often.

Take care and look forward to seeing some of your pictures!

Sincerely,
03-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcoming.

I've noticed also some more fellow countrymen here, and some people with portuguese ancestors. After all, there are four million portuguese living around the world... And ten million home. A big family.

Regards,

03-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to our forums. I used to live in Stonington CT, a small fishing village on the Connecticut coast. Most of the fishermen were Portuguese. Learned to cook Portuguese food from my girl friend at the time. Wonderful food and warm hearted people. BTW, I love your avatar!

NaCl(Portuguese seafood is the best!)H2O
03-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Bem vindo,

Maybe we can some day take some fotos together.

Cumprimentos,

Pedro Santos
03-16-2007, 05:30 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. I've heard that Portugal is a beautiful place, so I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures. You'll find the people on the forum very friendly and helpful.

03-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thank you all!

Haven't really had the time to explore my K10D yet... I'll try to post some more shots soon.
04-24-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
Busiko

Quantos portugueses?

It's good to see my fellow countrymen and Pentaxists around the Forum.
One day we have to meet.
Obrigado
Rui Caldeira - Cacém