Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2022, 10:29 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello to All

Hello Everyone,

New here(obviously) and new to film photography. New(ish) to photography in general. I say that but I've always enjoyed taking pictures over the years on my phone and various point and shoot DSLR's. In my family I'm kinda the go to for taking pictures at events or outings. I wanted to get into film photography for a few reasons. In part due to my general "back to analog" feelings of the last few years. On the other had I'm trying to pull away from google and such. Lets see them get their hands on my film photos LOL. Most of what I will shoot will probably be family events or just family related in general but I do want to get out and get some shots of nature/the world around me. I started my film journey a dew months ago when I found a cheap Vivitar PZ3140 at a thrift store. While it takes decent shots I felt I could get better by having a more manual camera so I stayed on the look out for a good deal for one. To my great luck a co-worker head I was getting into film and mentioned how he had gotten one for his daughter a few years ago but she had never used it so he offered to sell it to me for whatever I could afford. I was blown away. The camera he had(which I now have) is a Pentax Program Plus. It has been an absolute joy to use! (which I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys/gals) and I find myself looking for some extra accessories specifically lenses. I think I would like a smaller/wide angle lens like 35mm or 28mm if I understand those correctly. Basically something where I can be physically closer to the subject but further away from the camera's eye(if that makes sense) I have the 50MM it came with and a 80-200mm Vivitar lens that I got lucky to get(I'll tell you that story if you want to hear it). I'm still learning about aperture and shutter speed but I think I have a decent grasp of them. Gotta play around more in manual mode to get more comfortable. So that's me. Sorry for the long post hope it's not too much.

01-13-2022, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Greetings from NY.

Try to fin a Pentax-M 28/2.8 or a Pentax-A 28/2.8 - should be not too expensive and both are great. Lots of samples here on many threads and galleries plus the lens review section.

Enjoy!!!
01-13-2022, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, enjoy all that the forum has to offer.
01-13-2022, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings! Welcome to the community!

There's a bunch of film stuff in the marketplace. Forum members are a great resource for file shooting and equipment.