Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2022, 08:51 AM   #1

Hello from Greece

My name is Bob and I have lived on the Greek island of Corfu for nearly 20 years. I am an eclectic amateur photographer and collector of vintage film cameras. My interest in photography goes back about 64 years when a school teacher introduced me to the joys of developing and printing.

About three years ago, I started collecting Minolta cameras and came across a 110 Zoom SLR which I had never used until recently. It was something of a novelty as I usually shoot 35mm or medium format. That got me hooked and I am awaiting delivery of a Pentax 110 auto Super kit from Germany. Until this, my only experience of Pentax kit has been limited to a couple of Pentax lenses .It might take a while before I attempt reloading cartridges and so I will have to rely upon the limited availability of Lomography film in Greece. Delivery from Lomography (EU) is not too bad though, timewise. I have sourced a Jobo 16mm tank and have found it easy to load and process my 110 films.

I am a hybrid photographer when it comes to processing as I sold my enlarger many years ago.

I must confess that the grain on 110 film came as a culture shock but as long as I don't get over enthusiastic and try to blow the images up too much I think that the results will be acceptable . At my age, my eyes are, shall we say, a little tired and worn out! Post processing is a wonderful thing!

Please be gentle and excuse any stupidity on my part!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Perfection V600  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Perfection V600  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Perfection V600  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Perfection V600  Photo 
01-22-2022, 09:11 AM   #2

Greetings and welcome to the Forums.
01-22-2022, 11:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums!
The Auto 110 Super is such a neat and unique little camera. It was my first 'real camera,' as a young lad. I'm impressed that you're doing your own processing. Very cool. Nice shots, too.
01-22-2022, 01:35 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, it's good to hear that you're still enjoying your photography and hope you like that Pentax 110 once you get hands on.

01-22-2022, 11:49 PM   #5
Closed Account

Hello Bob, welcome from Melbourne, Australia.
We are the second highest Greek populated city after Athens.......
01-23-2022, 12:39 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Bob! Another Greek hobbyist here! Greetings from Kalymnos! Pretty good results you have accomplished there. The graininess is charming and gives character.
Καλημέρα!!