Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Newbie from Stockholm

Hi all.

My name is Mats and I live in Stockholm. Got into photogtaphy in the mid -70´s, running around with a Spotmatic in photography class and got my KM for one of my very first sallorys. Still got it and been with Pentax ever since, although Contax/Zeiss is also on the list. Recently became owner of a K10D.

Outdoors/flyfishing addict who makes bamboo fly rods and like to ride motorcycles. Also like to play my Fender Precision Bass with selected friends.

Yep, thats me...

// Mats

03-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Matts

Welcome to the group!

I've been to Stockholm and have taken the 4 day Gota Canal cruise across Sweden. The ship travels slowly for wonderful photo opportunities. Unfortunately it was before I had a Pentax K-1000 let alone digital, so all I have are 35 mm Point and Shoot prints to remember it by.

Hope you will be posting some photos of your country.

Connecticut, USA
03-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great to have you here! We have a lot of K10D users who still have their film slr bodies. I'm sure you will enjoy using your K10D as much as you have with your older film slr's.

Can't wait to see photos from you! Welcome!
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Välkommen.

Looking forward to som nice photos from Sverige.

Hälsningar

Eddie

03-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Well, I´d better start shooting some pic´s to get familiar with this electronic gizmo and post them here, right?

Leo;
I hear that boat cruise is really nice and I guess it´s a great opportunity to get a glimps of the country side of that part of the country.

Alvin;
As a matter of fact, it feels like my interest in photography is going through a renessance after I got the K10D.

Eddie;
Wow, a Kiwi who writes in Swedish. Scandinavian letters and all! You need to tell me what´s causing this, and I´ll tell you about my fishing trips to the Hawkes Bay and Lake Taupo areas....

// Mats

Last edited by matsoberg; 03-13-2007 at 09:48 PM.
03-13-2007, 08:02 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by matsoberg Quote
Hi all.

My name is Mats and I live in Stockholm. Got into photogtaphy in the mid -70´s, running around with a Spotmatic in photography class and got my KM for one of my very first sallorys. Still got it and been with Pentax ever since, although Contax/Zeiss is also on the list. Recently became owner of a K10D.

Outdoors/flyfishing addict who makes bamboo fly rods and like to ride motorcycles. Also like to play my Fender Precision Bass with selected friends.

Yep, thats me...

// Mats
Hi and welcome!
glad I read your post as I am an advid flyfisherman as well!
I go for cold water species..... brown and brook trout mostly,
I own an Orvis RM 3 weight, 8 6". great little rod for small trout.
I wish I could own a good bamboo.... but a K10 was more important

well, like I said welcome to the club and looking forward to your input

cheers

randy
03-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Randy and thanks for the welcome.

Nice to hear you´re into fly fishing. But let me give you an advice; Stay away from bamboo! It´s a serious disease and you will never recover, once you´ve caught it. I´m in bad shape myself....

We´ve got some good trout (brownies) and grayling waters over here and that´s what I like to fish. Arctic Chars are numerous up north as well.

// Mats
03-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Stay away from bamboo! It´s a serious disease and you will never recover, once you´ve caught it. I´m in bad shape myself.... // Mats
Hmmm...sorta like LBA?

03-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Hmmm...sorta like LBA?
Might be..don´t know what LBA is. But most certainly like the manual focusing disease...

// Mats
03-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
BTW, where do you get those cool camera model "proud owner" banners?

// Mats
03-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Mats. The explanation for me writing in Swedish is that I am a Swede who have spent the last 20 years in New Zealand. Originally from Göteborg.
I am also in to flyfishing and spend a lot of time in the Taupo and Rotorua areas. I have posted a few fishing photos in the past and are still waiting to get the photo with the fisherman and jumping fish in focus.

Cheers

Eddie
03-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Might be..don´t know what LBA is. But most certainly like the manual focusing disease...

// Mats
LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. Can't stop getting more lenses. Sorta like your addiction to certain rods.

Manual focusing disease That's new to me. I like that one. I most certainly have that I think.
03-16-2007, 08:05 AM   #13
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mingdie Quote
Mats. The explanation for me writing in Swedish is that I am a Swede who have spent the last 20 years in New Zealand. Originally from Göteborg.
I am also in to flyfishing and spend a lot of time in the Taupo and Rotorua areas. I have posted a few fishing photos in the past and are still waiting to get the photo with the fisherman and jumping fish in focus.

Cheers

Eddie
Ahh, that explains it. I can understand why you´re still down there, as for the wonderful country and the friendly, easy going people.

I was visitng in March 2003, fishing the Hawkes Bay area on the Tuki Tuki and the Mohaka as well as the mighty Tongariro and the wonderful Waitahanui in the Taupo area.

Will probalby come back and check out the south island as well, some day.

// Mats
03-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
LBA = Lens Buying Addiction. Can't stop getting more lenses. Sorta like your addiction to certain rods.

Manual focusing disease That's new to me. I like that one. I most certainly have that I think.
OK, I get it. Good to know that something that hits you every now and then has a name...

// Mats