Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
Raylonn

Good Morning from St. Louis!!!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Raylonn(real name Ryan) and I am from St. Louis Missouri. It's a wonderful place for photography. I have been snapping some pictures for a bout 7 years now. Unfotunately I'm stuck in Rolla, Missouri at the moment. I am a student at Missouri University of Science and Technology. I am studying to be a Nuclear Engineering. I am currently working with vacuum systems for undergraduate research.

Don't laugh, but my first camera was the Canon A80 in 2001. It was a beautiful camera, and at 4 megapixel, it was a beast in it's day, especially for myself, an 11 year old. Next, in 2006, I decided I wanted to get a little more serious and got the Canon S3 IS. It too was an awesome camera in it's day for a point-n-shoot. Took some awesome pictures with it.

But about two months ago I decided it was time to pick up a dSLR. After about 90 days of research, I decided the K200D was for me. Weather resistant, awesome kit lens, old lenses galore on eBay, I really couldn't go wrong. I will be getting it as an X-mas present so I am just sitting in anticipation, waiting for the 25th to come! Hope to be posting here soon enough!

12-13-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, the good morning bit threw me, it's eight at night here

Hope Santa's got the right address for all your photography kit.
12-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Ryan, I'm a fellow Missourian, living near St. Louis in West St. Louis county. Nice to see another local on here. You have some great photo ops down near Rolla, I always wanted to float the Big Piney around Duke, and take my camera with me, those towering bluffs would make great subjects !!
12-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Forum Member

I used to live in St. Louis. There's some great places for photography. I saw some old pictures recently and it made me miss it.

12-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
Raylonn

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, the good morning bit threw me, it's eight at night here

Hope Santa's got the right address for all your photography kit.

Haha well, it was actualy like 1 PM when I posted, but I had just woken up when I posted that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Hello Ryan, I'm a fellow Missourian, living near St. Louis in West St. Louis county. Nice to see another local on here. You have some great photo ops down near Rolla, I always wanted to float the Big Piney around Duke, and take my camera with me, those towering bluffs would make great subjects !!
Yea there are actually quite a few good scenic places around here to take some great photgraphs. I went on the Huzzah river this summer, and it has some great places to stop and take some pictures. and with the K200D, I wouldn't be afraid to take it along with me.
12-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There are a few of us St. Louis shooters on the board. Welcome.
12-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Good mornin' and welcome to the forums. Hehe, it's gonna be a looong wait until the 25th for you
12-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome to the Forum. There are about 100 members from St. Louis and Eastern Missouri and many post photos of local sights and scenery on the Board. I spend some time driving back and forth between Kirkwood and Springfield, so I pass through Rolla on a regular basis.

I look forward to seeing your images beginning the 26th

12-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
Raylonn

Thanks guys and yes it will be a difficult wait for the 25th. I'm glad to see so many St. Louisans on here. More specifically I am from St. Peters. I have relatives in Kirkwood so I get out there pretty frequently. And monochrome, Kirkwood to Springfield regularly? That's quite a haul. I hate goin from Rolla to St. Peters! Will be posting as soon as I get the camera!
12-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
krs
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum Ryan. I am from the Illinois side of the river, but work in downtown St. Louis...