Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-22-2022, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #1

An accidental SLR user once more after 30 years away

I recently bought a K-50 pretty much with the sole purpose of using it to photograph my collection of slides. Previous attempts with scanners were extremely usatisfactory, and really slow.

I've yet to get the slide "scanning" underway, but I have enjoyed using the camera when out and about.

The sensor may be pretty antiquated compared to a half decent phone, but there is nothing like a big chunk of glass in front of a big sensor to get some great shots, especially with the option of a long focal length lens.

My mobile phone will still be the everyday camera for me, but I expect the SLR will get plenty of outings throughout the year.

Thanks to pentaxforums. My question about manual aperture ring has already been answered, even before I added this welcome post.

I have a lot to catch up on. My last SLR just had the 4 basic modes manual focusing. So I look forward to getting more tips and tricks here.

Regards

Greg
(mrnightdrive)

04-22-2022, 04:51 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello Greg, welcome from Australia.
04-23-2022, 12:35 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland.
04-23-2022, 07:18 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from the Southern United States. The K-50 is an enjoyable little camera and the 16 Mega Pixel sensor is very good indeed.

04-23-2022, 12:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums!