Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2022, 01:27 AM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Austria

Hello am a new beginner photographer.

My current equipment that I recently got is a Pentax K-3 camera with a Pentax 18-55 II lens.

I registered mainly for help because I'm still quite new and don't know much about cameras and equipment and of course I want to find out more about the possibilities. If you have any tips or tricks or any objective recommendations, I'd be happy to take any information to educate myself or to expand my passion a little.

If possible and someone knows cost-saving lenses that aren't too expensive, that would be great for my first jump, since I'm currently doing an apprenticeship on the side.

Most call me Acid. Has no specific meaning is a name that has been given from the times of gaming and I just continue it.
Otherwise I'm 29 years old, come from Austria to be more precise from Vienna. I'm a passionate photographer and I like to go to events to manifest the moments in pictures. As I mentioned above, I am currently in an apprenticeship as an application developer, which unfortunately is a bit too tight for me financially at the moment, but I would like to become a hobby photographer with a second financial income, because I would like to turn my hobby into a profession. What I forgot to mention, I'm currently also working with a macro lens, because I find that kind of thing very interesting and it's also a lot of fun.

I would like to mention that English is not my main language. If there are a few typos or the sentences are a bit confusing, tell me in the comments.

If you have any questions, feel free to write to me.

I'm looking forward to a new connection in the Pentax community.

05-11-2022, 01:36 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
05-11-2022, 02:13 AM   #3
Closed Account

Hello Acid, welcome from Australia.
05-11-2022, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
Thank you!
Highland of Scotlands sounds very interesting and beautiful there

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hello Acid, welcome from Australia.
I would like to visit Australiain the future because want to make some photos of the animals and some beautiful pictures from the nice places.

05-11-2022, 08:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums!

Your English is very good so far! But even if you slip up sometime, please don't worry. We are friendly here, and we benefit from the diverse membership; occasional clunky grammar is a small price to pay.

If you are interested in a cheap lens for event photography (concerts, performances, weddings), one to look at might be Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. It has the wide fixed aperture of a pro level lens, and a middle ground focal length (because your APSC camera has a "crop factor), but is also fairly affordable for an f2.8 lens (some under US$200 on ebay), and could compliment the lens you already have.

Last edited by wadge22; 05-11-2022 at 09:41 AM.
05-11-2022, 02:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the community. You can find a lot of resources for your photography start in here. Hope you enjoy. Greetings from Greece.
05-12-2022, 01:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Acid,

welcome to the forum. You might also consider the german forum as well: pentaxians.de.
You have a very big advantage as a beginner, you live in a town where there is a interesting subject on every corner. One of the most beautyfull cities I ever visited! So finding something to take pictures of, should not be an issue.

05-12-2022, 05:08 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Forum! A great community with lots of people always willing to help.