Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Montreal, Quebec

Hello everyone! Let me introduce myself. My name is Christopher J. Conrad-most people know me as C.J. Conrad. I'm an artist and an amature photographer. Recently, I just came out of the closet and introduced myself to the art world and being very well received. My paintings have been receiving very good compliments from the art critics and they are selling well. Mostly I paint romantic landscape following the old masters' style. I love to play with the affects of light in nature. You can view some of my paintings at Blank. Please let me know what do you think about my paintings. I'll be adding new paintings on my site very soon.
Though I'm an amature photographer, I did some product photography. Photography is my passion and hobby and they are also my toys (very expensive toys). Don't you just feel excited about touching them, feeling them and treating them with TLC ? My wife is sometime jealous of my photography equipment.
I take lots of landscape and other interesting pictures which I can later use in my paintings. But these days I'm so busy painting I don't get much time to go out and take pictures. Photography is my passion but painting is my life. Also I'm trying to buy a cheap house in the country side where I'll be able to make my art studio and gallery. I have found a house to my liking, it's very cheap but as self employed I need to put 25% down payment. I just started selling my paintings, don't have enough money to cover the down payment. So, I'll be selling off some of my gears to raise the money needed.
I do buy and sell on ebay and have very good reputation. I have accumulated 160,
100% positive feedbacks. My ebay seller ID is artistcjconrad. You can visit ebay to verify my feedbacks. I know it's not easy to trust somebody new in the forum, that's why I'm providing all these information.
So, if anybody is interested in buying some very well cared photo gears, don't forget to check my listing which I'll be posting very soon. I always encourage local buyers as it's the most hassle free way of doing business. You can come check the product out before you pay me.
I've been reading the forum for a long time. This is not exactly the way I wanted to join the forum but, desperate time calls for desperate actions. Just don't want to lose a 5 bedroom house in very good condition for $55,000 Canadian.
One advice I need from the fellow members regarding taking pictures for painting reproduction. I'll be looking to buy a Pentax 67 or 645NII in the future. I need suggestion on what lens will be good with either of them. Thanks in advance for your help.
Well, that's all for now. Cheers to all of you and looking forward to participate in the forum in the future.
Sincerely
artistcjconrad

12-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard Christopher!

I hope you will have fun time here and I am positive that you will find answers to your questions. Good way to start is to use and try the Search-function, which is really powerful tool.

Waiting to see some pics before you sell all your gear
12-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, welcome!

Good luck with the house and all...

As for reproducing your art, well, it's been a while since I used a 6x7, and never for that purpose, but to my recollection, any lens that gives you a decent working distance for that ought to be just fine with good lighting. To get fancy, maybe any prime macro lens would be an improvement (these tend to have a flatter field than others, which is handy with... flat things. )
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, is this for copying "old masters".

12-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for welcoming me. Much appreciated.

Last edited by artistcjconrad; 12-18-2008 at 12:25 AM.
12-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion ratmagiclady.

Last edited by artistcjconrad; 12-18-2008 at 12:32 AM.
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi CJ,

I am also a new member on this forum. I live in Magog, near Montreal. I checked you listing on e-bay...nothing. Whenever you have equipment for sale, let me know.

Sylvain
12-17-2008, 12:02 PM   #8

Original Poster
Hi SylBer!
Right now I don't have anything listed on ebay, I just posted my ebay ID so people can check my feedback and feel confident to buy from me if I list something on this forum. I'm kind of tired of selling on ebay because of the hassle of listing and paying all the fees. I'm trying to get the needed money from other sources before I list my photo gears. Hopefully I'll manage the fund so I won't have to sell my gears. If I have to list my gears, I'll sure let you know.
Best regards.

12-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome, Christopher !