Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2022, 02:36 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Hello from across the pond...........

UK that is
My introduction is this,my very 1st camera way back around 1973 was some 110 kodak pocket Instamatic,was snapping away like no tomorrow,just loved taking photos.
Time moved on,next camera was a Minolta(for the life of me i cant remember which one) i bought while serving in germany around 1980,again clicking away at anything and everything,just loved taking photos
41 years later(2021) after watching some ytube clip(bored during lockdown) the spark happened,i wanted to take pictures again
So,at a bootsale,for next to nothing i bought a fuji finepix,after that,was a samsung NX1000,that was then replaced by an oly epl5,that got sold for an oly e-m1(to which i really liked)
But i've jumped ship,why,because i've fallen into the vintage lenses gang,after tons of reading/research pentax has mega loads of lens to play with plus M43 toys aren't cheap
So,i'm now the proud owner of a K70(again,utube vids got me hooked),happy,sure,so far so good
I've still a load to learn about photography and at 59yo,every day s a school day,so be prepared for some stupid kid questions
If you got this far from this intro,then thanks,if not,well i dont blame you,i can tend to waffle on a bit,lol

05-29-2022, 02:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the camp, I guess you all know why we're here. May I point out, however, that we are not 'Across the Pond' - they are ! Enjoy your new camera and vintage lenses.
05-29-2022, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
we are not 'Across the Pond they are ! Enjoy your new camera and vintage lenses.
Noted,thanks
05-29-2022, 06:09 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Australia.

05-30-2022, 01:51 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
05-30-2022, 02:09 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shedendman Quote
UK that is
My introduction is this,my very 1st camera way back around 1973 was some 110 kodak pocket Instamatic,was snapping away like no tomorrow,just loved taking photos.
Time moved on,next camera was a Minolta(for the life of me i cant remember which one) i bought while serving in germany around 1980,again clicking away at anything and everything,just loved taking photos
41 years later(2021) after watching some ytube clip(bored during lockdown) the spark happened,i wanted to take pictures again
So,at a bootsale,for next to nothing i bought a fuji finepix,after that,was a samsung NX1000,that was then replaced by an oly epl5,that got sold for an oly e-m1(to which i really liked)
But i've jumped ship,why,because i've fallen into the vintage lenses gang,after tons of reading/research pentax has mega loads of lens to play with plus M43 toys aren't cheap
So,i'm now the proud owner of a K70(again,utube vids got me hooked),happy,sure,so far so good
I've still a load to learn about photography and at 59yo,every day s a school day,so be prepared for some stupid kid questions
If you got this far from this intro,then thanks,if not,well i dont blame you,i can tend to waffle on a bit,lol
Welcome from New Zealand!
aotearoa
05-30-2022, 12:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums!
Don't be afraid to ask the "stupid kid questions," this is a friendly place and someone will be glad to answer for you, or point you to a resource that will help.