Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #1

Hello from Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi,

Software developer by day, photographer 24/7.

I've been taking pictures as long as I can remember, but have only tried to make more of it the last few years as I've needed something is my life that was less about knowing, reading, analysing and describing, and more about seeing the world and noticing the angles and the beauty of it. Photography has thought me to appreciate the beauty, in a lot of things I simply didn't see earlier.

Sometimes I even manage to capture this. That's enough for me.

My have two on-line galleries, TC's gallery which is mainly holiday like snaps and TC's Photo Gallery which is new and an attempt at a more professional approach to photo selection.

My latest series, is a series of long exposure, night shots I did during the recent bit of snow we had here in Copenhagen:

Snowy Night

Yours
TC

Last edited by tcdk; 03-14-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spelling
03-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, tcdk!

You've got quite a collection of photos! Just took a quick look around, but I have to revisit them when I get home.

Glad to have you on board!
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Welcome, tcdk!

You've got quite a collection of photos! Just took a quick look around, but I have to revisit them when I get home.

Glad to have you on board!
Thanks! Hope you enjoy the photos.
03-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi TC, welcome to the forums. Took a look at some of your photos. Loved the snow scenes, especially the lens flare and the "dots". Good eye and nice captures. I noticed on your TC photo gallery that your exif data drops a fraction of a second off the shutter speed. (ie 1/124 instead of 1/125; 1/249 instead of 1/250 etc) why is that? And BTW your concert pics are amazing!

NaCl(thanks for sharing and welcome)H2O

03-14-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome aboard. great stuff.
03-15-2007, 02:24 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi TC, welcome to the forums. Took a look at some of your photos. Loved the snow scenes, especially the lens flare and the "dots". Good eye and nice captures. I noticed on your TC photo gallery that your exif data drops a fraction of a second off the shutter speed. (ie 1/124 instead of 1/125; 1/249 instead of 1/250 etc) why is that? And BTW your concert pics are amazing!
Thanks for the kind words! I really wish I had more time for concert photography, but with two kids it can be kind of hard to get out in the evening.

Gallery2.1 has an error in the display routine - they tell me it has been fixed in 2.2, so I'm waiting for that instead of wasting time fixing it my self.
03-15-2007, 06:44 AM   #7
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Velkommen

Velkommen,

Your pictures of the snowy night are great, they have a nice feel (atmosfære) to them! More cozy than cold I'd say!
03-15-2007, 11:44 AM   #8

Original Poster
Hej Ole,

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Velkommen,

Your pictures of the snowy night are great, they have a nice feel (atmosfære) to them! More cozy than cold I'd say!
Thanks. It really wasn't that cold - we've only had about 3-4 days of real sub freezing winter here this year - luckily we've had some really nice snow. Waking up at four in the morning and seeing this out the window, I had to get up.