Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #1

Hello from the Big Apple

Hi Gang:

My name is Richard and I live in New York City. I've been a working photographer since 1956 (I'm kind of "semi-retired" now) but I'm new to Pentax. My photographic background includes photojournalism (my specialty was human conflict stories, mostly in Africa), advertising, and portraiture. Additionally, I was a Student Advisor and Associate Dean at the New York Institute of Photography for about eight years, until the end of 2005 and I occasionally still write articles for their website. Once in a while I tutor private students.

I'm not sure what I can contribute here. The K10D is my first DSLR and I really like it. However, I'm not really a "gear head" and don't buy photo equipment very often. Whatever works - for me and for the client - has always been my philosophy.

Anyway, this seems like a friendly place and I just wanted to say hello.

Regards to all,

Richard

03-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello and welcome!

I'm sure you know more than a few techniques and tips that we don't so any feedback and advice you can contribute would be very appreciated!

Glad to have you on board! Enjoy your time here!
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Alvin:

Thanks for the kind words!

Richard
03-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Richard, another New Yorker. There are a bunch of us here. I'm up in the Bronx myself, but I get downtown as much as I can. Welcome to the forums, looking forward to your insight, and comments. Being a amateur, I'm just it it for the fun, but it's always good to get better. Looking forward to seening some photos from your new camera.

NaCl(The Apple is a great place for photographers of all kinds)H2O

03-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Not sure what you can contribute . You are modest, I bet you can offer alot with your background. Thanks for coming on board. look forward to seeing some pictures from you.
03-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll be posting old & new pictures here. I think we have a lot we can learn from you.
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Old Timer 56 Quote
..........I'm not sure what I can contribute here. ........ Richard
A touch of reality and a modicum of sanity would be a great help

Have you seen the number of gear addicts and pixel peepers????