Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2022, 08:49 AM   #1

Penta Asahiflex

Hi fellow Pentaxians,

I'm new to this group and hope to gain further knowledge on Asahi Pentax Film SLR's. I live about 45 miles north-east of London in Chelmsford, Essex, England.

I have a small number of Spotmatics in various states of functionality which I am slowly but surely bringing back up to good health (much like me!). I recently purchased a bunch of donor cameras which included a Penta Asahiflex (Serial No: 226045) with an early Auto-Takumar 55mm f2 lens (Serial No: 260580). Both are in seriously appalling state and look like they have suffered years of water damage resulting in severe alloy corrosion, etc... Although, the aperture diaphragm works (stiffly) and the optics look reasonably clear.

I understand that these Asahiflex SLR's are quite rare, so I would hate to simply trash them. As I say, they are severely damaged, but hold a certain amount of history even in their sad state. They may be ok for one or two spare parts, or just as a collector/museum piece. Any comments or recommendations would be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards to you all.
Andy

06-28-2022, 09:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Andy,
Welcome to the forums!.
There is a fair amount of help available here, just ask.

For the Asahiflex, I suggest you contact Harrow Technical who may want it for spares. They may even trade a service on one of your spotties for it?

https://harrowtechnical.co.uk/equipment-wanted/

Regards
Kevin
06-28-2022, 11:37 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
06-28-2022, 07:32 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!

06-28-2022, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from New Zealand Andy!