Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Ello from Illinois

Hey sorry it took me so long but I spent most of my time just reading the threads, but after seing how awesome of a community (and diverse) I decided to show myself a little more and hopefully give my opinions to anyone who wants to listen.

HELLO!

03-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome, very interesting signature shot.
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi there Codiac!

I've read some of your posts already, but it's good to give you a formal welcome!
03-15-2007, 07:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Codiac. I'm just "down the hall" from you in Ohio! Looking forward to seeing lots of bird pictures from you.

03-15-2007, 08:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
welcome, very interesting signature shot.
Thank you Vievetrick, I saw that I could make my own so I did and all that I have from current K10D shots, besides nightclubs and bars have been birds and squirrels (not much else going on here) so I went with birds that we see here. By the way I'm a graphics art major and love to tinker so I thought it be proper to create my own with some images I've taken and my father really enjoyed those two (he got me into photography when I was 8 when he handed me an ME super).

QuoteQuote:
Hi there Codiac!

I've read some of your posts already, but it's good to give you a formal welcome!
Thank you Alvin and I as well have read yours and specially loved the images of the newborn, very well done.

QuoteQuote:
Welcome to the forum Codiac. I'm just "down the hall" from you in Ohio! Looking forward to seeing lots of bird pictures from you.
O HI O! lol, yes birds will be a big focus since all I have here are trees, parks with trees, roads with trees, and trees with trees and nothing really lives in trees cept birds and squirrels lol. I'll have plenty of flower pictures this spring as well since my mother tends to grow hundred of different plants including orchids, roses, and lillies?! Maybe if you're close enough to the border we'll meet up in an area somewhere in the middle and take some pics, always game for something new to see.
03-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #6

Welcome Codiac... What part of IL are you from?
03-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Flaco Quote
Welcome Codiac... What part of IL are you from?

From the great little town of Rockford which must be very close to where you live if it's just outside Chi-town. Ready for a photo outting? lol

03-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #8

Always ready for a photo outting. I can't remember how many hours Rockford is from my area. I' way north, near the wisconsin border in a weaksauce town called zion.
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Always ready for a photo outting. I can't remember how many hours Rockford is from my area. I' way north, near the wisconsin border in a weaksauce town called zion.
Less than 2 hours unless you hit construction... ok so like a little over 2 hours because there is always construction between Rockford and Chicago. Let me know and maybe I cna make some time here in the near future. Too bad we didn't figure this out sooner because I have the entire day off today after about 2pm and there is plenty of shooting time after that.

BTW whats the hot item to shoot in Zion? Never been there but I do hit Chicago when I get the chance, but find buildings and cars something a bit too blah for me because I've had a very hard time composing in such situations and have always been to afraid to take pictures of people in fear that I shall have my camera pummeled
03-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
BTW whats the hot item to shoot in Zion? Never been there but I do hit Chicago when I get the chance, but find buildings and cars something a bit too blah for me because I've had a very hard time composing in such situations and have always been to afraid to take pictures of people in fear that I shall have my camera pummeled
Check here, PRATToGRAPHIC's photosets on Flickr That's pretty much all there is to shoot in my area. I haven't had a chance to walk chicago and get some shots yet. All shots I've been getting have been from car.

I don't really have a favorite subject to shoot. I'm more of a "whatever catches my eye" type of shooter. What do you have to shoot out in Rockford. One good thing about my area are the beaches.
03-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Check here, PRATToGRAPHIC's photosets on Flickr That's pretty much all there is to shoot in my area. I haven't had a chance to walk chicago and get some shots yet. All shots I've been getting have been from car.

I don't really have a favorite subject to shoot. I'm more of a "whatever catches my eye" type of shooter. What do you have to shoot out in Rockford. One good thing about my area are the beaches.
Very good work, definitely an eye for things you do have... I hate the english language LMAO. See beaches is something I need to go out and shoot so I guess one day this year I'm heading out towards your way unless I have a better beach shooting oppurtunity. Here it's all wildlife, parks upon parks and tons of gardens and such. Well hopefully one day we'll have a chance to hit the field together and compare notes.
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #12

Yeah, lots of wildlife areas out my way too. That's why I'd like to hit the city, and maybe even milwaukee and get some Urban life shots. Just let me know when you'd like to go out. We could either meet in the city, or If you'd like to check out my area to shoot.
03-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, lots of wildlife areas out my way too. That's why I'd like to hit the city, and maybe even milwaukee and get some Urban life shots. Just let me know when you'd like to go out. We could either meet in the city, or If you'd like to check out my area to shoot.

Sounds like a plan and by the way Milwaukee is awesome plus the zoo is very nice indeed. I'm planning another trip to the Miller Brewing plant this year in Milwaukee so maybe when I know when I'm goin gwe can set something up and hit the city.