Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Howdy from Perth, Australia

Hi everyone...

I've already made a few posts and even put a picture up but thought I'd better do the intro thing.

This looks like a great forum, with some interesting information. Gonna be giving that search a bashing let me tell you

Anyway, I'm from Perth in Oz. I've had my *ist DS since 2004 and since late last year i've been fighting a losing battle against LBA.... and that is without seeing these forums. It is actually good to see that I am not the only one afflicted with this wallet emptying condition

Luckily my wife spends big on some things so I get reciprocal purchase rights, but I still need to watch the budget.

I'm really keen to improve my skills and move away from snapshots and into real photography. I am slowly getting there. I'd really like to do a course at some stage.

My favourite style at the moment is child photography (I have good access to kids atm), but I also love nature and birds.

I have a flickr account at...

Flickr: Photos from troy *boy*

... and also my own personal gallery (with everything!!) at

MogBog Gallery

well thats it for now. talk to you all in ther forums.

03-14-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome troywhite!

I've been afflicted with LBA ever since I bought by K100D in December.

If you're looking for a cure for LBA, believe me, you won't find it here. If anything, this site may worsen your LBA - that's not to say it's a bad thing.

Enjoy your stay here! Look forward to seeing more of your posts and your photo contributions!

EDIT: Just browsed a bit through your flickr site. Great shots in there!

Last edited by Alvin; 03-14-2007 at 08:57 PM.
03-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #3

G'dai from another sandgroper.
There's just a handful of us hanging out here.
No way we can compete with all the canuks or even the eastern staters.
03-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
G'dai from another sandgroper.
There's just a handful of us hanging out here.
No way we can compete with all the canuks or even the eastern staters.
Rolly, Canucks or Eastern Staters might each outnumber the Australians, but you guys definitely contribute a lot to this place too. Note that there's some really great shooters among you too Roentarre, Joele, Arjay Bee and jthommo to name the first few guys off the top of my head and I'm sure there are others!

03-17-2007, 04:58 AM   #5
Forum Member

Hi Troy

Welcome to the forum

I'm a Perth lad too, enjoying the K10D after cutting my teeth on a DS. Good luck with your photography, it sure is a fun ride...
03-17-2007, 05:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Yet another aussie joins the ranks here. We will have everyone else outnumbered soon

Good to see that pentax is gaining so much popularity over here too, (even though ive gone back to canon and just use the k100d as my spare/backup)
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #7
Inactive Account

How r ya.Im on the Central coast N.S.W. Just wondering what the reasons were for u going back to cannon.Isaw some of ur pics they were pretty good.U had a pic of frangy pani.Ithought id show u a pic i tokk of the same flower thought it would b good to compare c what u think.Ive got a k10d and been very happy with it.
03-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Sory Spam i dont think the pic worked here i added it to my gallery photos if u wanna check it out.Sory i shouldve siad my last post was ment for u.

03-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trumpyman Quote
How r ya.Im on the Central coast N.S.W. Just wondering what the reasons were for u going back to cannon.Isaw some of ur pics they were pretty good.U had a pic of frangy pani.Ithought id show u a pic i tokk of the same flower thought it would b good to compare c what u think.Ive got a k10d and been very happy with it.

I think the main reason was the availability of lenses, that and the sensor. i just cant get a decent looking long exposure out of the pentax.

I still plan on adding a k10d to our collection of cameras, that way if i need to do a shoot i can take either 2 400d's (mine and my dads) or the k100 and k10. I just wish that there was more on offer from pentax as far as fastish reasonably priced glass goes.
03-17-2007, 11:50 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Welcome.
Good to see another Sandgroper on the forum.

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Rolly, Canucks or Eastern Staters might each outnumber the Australians, but you guys definitely contribute a lot to this place too. Note that there's some really great shooters among you too Roentarre, Joele, Arjay Bee and jthommo to name the first few guys off the top of my head and I'm sure there are others!
Just to set the record straight - Eastern staters what we sandgropers call people from NSW, Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland ( and South Australians too - but they do get upset about it)

"Eastern staters" are considered Australians too. (I have been forced to say this cause I'm married to one.)
03-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Ah - thanks for the clarification Got that confused with Eastern "U.S." Staters...lol.

Am I mixing up canuks with "Canucks" (Canadians) too?
03-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Falcons Quote

South Australians too - but they do get upset about it)
Welcome from a Croweater, and for the record, we are of a higher class then the easterners.
03-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Ah - thanks for the clarification Got that confused with Eastern "U.S." Staters...lol.

Am I mixing up canuks with "Canucks" (Canadians) too?
Nah. 'S jest a matta uv spellin'
03-19-2007, 04:06 AM   #14
Veteran Member

A lot more aussies are in the forum nowadays

I am a fan of wildflower in western Australia during September! Wanna visit the place again.

If enough money, I would go to Bloom instead