Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-16-2022, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #1

Not new to Pentax Forums been in the wings for quite some time

Like most Covid-19 altered my photography but, it also shut down my portrait studio.

I retired from my photography day job August 2019 (thank God) after 20 years and was hoping to continue with my personal studio portraiture. I doubt at my age now that I'll ever have it reopened. I'm now listing a bunch of film and digital cameras on e-Bay. The only Pentax camera I have now is my trusted and recently refurbished Pentax K1000 and lenses. Ever get the feeling you are betraying your actual roots in photography switching to digital only? My argument is no more B&W or colour chemistry or the hours spent editing, scanning images only to find a few good keepers, I call wall hangers. This was supposed to be an introduction but looks as if I was starting the pages to a new book. Robert Taylor Natural Images Photo Studio London Ontario Canada.

07-16-2022, 01:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums from Germany! Glad you came out of the shadows.
07-16-2022, 01:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums!
07-16-2022, 02:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A likewise belated welcome to Pentax Forums from Australia.

As a long-time Pentax film shooter, though not professionally, I wouldn’t regard my shift to digital as anything other than a confirmation of the centrality of the image, and not a betrayal of the process by which it was obtained. My affection for the wet darkroom is something I cherish as memory, but like old books, motorcars and loves, the present-day realities make me hesitate to take any of them up again, at least not for long. I still have several film cameras, including three Pentaxes but no K1000, so the temptation is always there, but SWMBO always has something in mind to distract me.

07-17-2022, 01:46 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, long may you continue to enjoy all that the forum has to offer.
07-19-2022, 03:52 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Welcome to Pentax Forums from Germany! Glad you came out of the shadows.
Out of the shadows a good way to explain my day job for 20 years. I did all the teaching, instructions and conducting seminars and got zero recognition for the thousands of images presented and not a mention in the published books. Now I just want to go back to just one maybe two cameras and do some landscapes. I am looking at an "OLD" K10 with a new shutter to use for my winter autofocus camera.
07-20-2022, 02:21 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Robert!
Kind regards,
Mark
aotearoa
New Zealand

07-21-2022, 07:08 AM   #8
Forum Member

Welcome to the forum, Robert. I like your work!