Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-08-2022, 03:58 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New Member - Hello from Lake of the Ozarks, MO

I started with a k1000 and and a sigma 400 hanging from my neck at 12 yrs old. I shot film for at least the next 12 years. Then life got in the way, college marriage, kids, job changes - typical stuff.. Photography slipped away from my life for over 20yrs. Now in my 50s, I got the bug and can't wait to take a dive. I picked up a k1 ii at a great price. Excited to start this new adventure again. Like many, I came from an era where every shot was important and it took a good eye. So I have much to learn. I've seen some young photographers firing off a thousand shots at an event. I thought to myself, well odds are there will be a few keepers. Sorry so long.
Sincerely,
Jim Fleming

08-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome from a South Dakotan. I've been to Lake of the Ozarks many times. I wish I was there now.
Ever had the cinnamon rolls or biscuits and gravy from Stewart's at Lake Ozark? Not enough Ms in mmmmmmmmmmmmmm to describe it!
08-08-2022, 04:27 PM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome aboard, Jim!
08-08-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Welcome from a South Dakotan. I've been to Lake of the Ozarks many times. I wish I was there now.
Ever had the cinnamon rolls or biscuits and gravy from Stewart's at Lake Ozark? Not enough Ms in mmmmmmmmmmmmmm to describe it!
I have! I've been here since 97. From Des Moines so Go Hawks. �� plenty of landscape here for practice.

08-09-2022, 03:10 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums from Germany! I lived in Kansas City for a few years, but never made it to Lake of the Ozarks.
08-09-2022, 12:46 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that it has to offer.
08-09-2022, 11:01 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks - Most of the Google research questions led me to this forum. I bought a used b grade k1ii from map in Japan. They were very quick to respond to any questions. 17 k clicks on her but a mint body. Bought the d-fa 28-105 and 70-210 f4 new. Also an older smc fa 50 2.8 micro. Not the most

---------- Post added 08-09-22 at 11:09 PM ----------

(I hit submit by accident, couldn't find an edit) ...not the most aesthetically looking lense, but the price was right. Hopefully some good tips on here to make good use out of this equipment.
- jim Fleming

---------- Post added 08-09-22 at 11:10 PM ----------

(I hit submit by accident, couldn't find an edit) ...not the most aesthetically looking lense, but the price was right. Hopefully some good tips on here to make good use out of this equipment.
- jim Fleming

08-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Update: well I won't be getting my f-da lenses. Found out ebay seller was a fraud. He set up a store and everything. I'll never buy from a new ebay seller again. Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago when trying to buy a k1 at a good price. Ugh. I should have known better when the prices are a hundred less then trusted sellers. Is shopping on here from members a good way?
08-10-2022, 01:25 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I've had the greatest luck buying from Japanese sellers on ebay. Everything is always pristine and never any surprises. Not sure how prices stack up though.
08-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from New Zealand Jim!
08-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I've had the greatest luck buying from Japanese sellers on ebay. Everything is always pristine and never any surprises. Not sure how prices stack up though.
Got the k1 from Map in Japan. They responded to every question. I had one picked out from here, said it was like new, but one pic and no other info. There was a best offer and I sent 25 off. Never heard back and someone else bought it. Goofy.
08-17-2022, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums!