Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-29-2022, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Denmark

Hi

I've been using photography as an excuse to get outside for a few years now. I purposefully avoided spending much if any time in post - first of all because it takes time away from being outside, and until recently I didn't have much time for that, second of all I've struggled to try and enjoy it.

Now I have much more time, and have been forcing myself to spend some effort in post. Getting to know the tools better has helped my motivation, and getting into the science of it does pique my interest a bit - I did like being in a darkroom way back when. I think there's a feeling of detachedness from the photography (both the product and the process) I get when working on a computer, so maybe it's just a matter of understanding what the hell is actually happening as opposed to mashing buttons trying to figure out what I want, how to do it and much less why I'd want that...
Settling on some tools have been an important step as well. Once upon a time I was all about Apple and Adobe, but these days I'm on Linux and I ain't goin' back. I've used Digikam for image organisation for years, and that works very well for me. I've bounced between raw image processors, and finally decided to give Rawtherapee a serious go (as in I'll use that for the foreseeable future and get to know it well before even trying something else again).
TheRawtherapee workflow and interface suits me very well, the documentation is good and easy to read, and I've encountered no real annoyances so far (well, except for the fact that they use Discourse for their forum).

Now I need better hardware. Especially a better monitor! Hopefully I can find the money to replace my 10-year old laptop

Anyways, enough text, image time...

09-29-2022, 07:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums from Germany! Great intro and excellent images to start!
09-29-2022, 07:42 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome the forum from the Highlands of Scotland
09-29-2022, 01:47 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums! We're glad you've joined us!

09-29-2022, 04:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from New Zealand!
10-04-2022, 08:20 AM   #6
Forum Member

Hello, welcome to the forum!