Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-25-2022, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #1

Super Takumar 55mm 1.8

Hello everyone at Pentax Forums...

i have an old Pentax LX kit with several Pentax lenses... i still enjoy using the old LX even though digital is very exciting.

For my digital work i use a Fujifilm XT-1... This camera came alive recently with the addition of an early Super Takumar 55mm 1.8... i believe it to be a pre radioactive lens...Serial number 900515... Can anyone confirm this please? Also... i've heard that the radioactive lenses are crisper, is there any truth in this please...

Thank you for adding me to Pentax Forums... Hope to speak soon.

Regards.

pan.

10-25-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pan Quote

i have an old Pentax LX kit with several Pentax lenses... i still enjoy using the old LX even though digital is very exciting.

For my digital work i use a Fujifilm XT-1... This camera came alive recently with the addition of an early Super Takumar 55mm 1.8... i believe it to be a pre radioactive lens...Serial number 900515... Can anyone confirm this please? Also... i've heard that the radioactive lenses are crisper, is there any truth in this please...

Regards.

pan.
Hi, Pan, welcome to PentaxForums! I suggest you post your lens question in one of the lens-specific subforums, where knowledgeable members can respond to your inquiry.

10-25-2022, 11:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pan Quote

Regards.

pan.
Six digit Super-Takumar 1:1.8/55 mm lenses are NOT radioactive.
10-25-2022, 03:56 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, IMHO the LX may well have been one of Pentax's finest moments.