Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 33 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2022, 01:17 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome and don't be a stranger. Feel free to participate.

QuoteOriginally posted by kkilesso Quote
Hello to all of you guys!

I just got K3ii a week ago and immediately felt compelled to join ya'll's forum! In my 15-year photography experience, I've heard so much belittling and knocking on Pentax from fellow photographers. That it's only good for astrophotography, that AF is slow, that it lacks good video features, etc. It seemed like everyone had some sort of negative opinion about the system, so I foolishly stayed clear of it until now. I honestly didn't know what I was missing. After picking up K3ii for the first time and playing with it just for a few hours, I was blown away! It is intuitive, straightforward, and without any gimmicky or pretentious features. The colors, ISO performance, and flexibility of DNG files are incredible!!! I've never had so much excitement about a camera before! I've owned and shot (and still do) loads of flagship pro cameras, but I've never had such a great admiration and instant connection to a piece of gear as I did with K3ii. There are a few quirks that I'm getting used to, but that's to be expected with any camera. I'm even seriously considering selling my Nikon D850 and switching to K1ii for my professional work. Of course, a few megapixels will be missed, but I really want to do all my work with Pentax from now on. Any thoughts on switching from D850 to K1ii and any suggestions on ultra-wide glass for Pentax FF? Well, ever since I was bitten by that Pentax bug, I just got a bunch of DA lenses and even picked up K10D, so I can finally have something that flew completely under my radar and something that I totally missed out on for all these years. So if you guys are parting with some glass, please keep me in mind and hit me up since I'm just starting to build my collection. So far, I have DA* 60-250mm F4, DA* 16-50mm F2.8 (SDM crapped out while in transit, so I'll have some screw-drive conversion in my future), DA 12-24mm F4 and DA 35mm F2.8 Limited Macro. I'm glad that I finally discovered this system and this forum! Now I understand why you guys have such a tight and robust community and why you proudly call each other Pentaxians!

Super happy to be here!