Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Jamestown Virginia

Just received a K10D for my birthday. First digital SLR camera. A very long time ago I was introduced to working in a darkroom and eventually had Nikon gear. Loved B&W photography. Worked well as I am color blind. This K10D is one fine piece of gear. I got a Tamron 18-200 lens to start out of the gate. After reading the instruction manual - book- I know I have more stuff to learn than years remaining. I hapopened on this site and started to read for hours. I thank you all for the information.

My other hobby is sailing 17th century square rigged ships. I am currently one of the crew members on the Godspeed, Susan Constant, and Discovery out of Jamestown Virginia.

Hope to soak up all the knowledge you folks have and look forward to a productive relationship.

03-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey squarerigger, thats gotta be one heck of a bday present. Hey what Nikon lenses do you have. I heard some generations can be mounted on Pentax SLRs. Like directly. Some turn and tighten, others even lock! Ask Sean (carpents) for more info on using Nikkors on K Mount!
03-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome squarerigger,
be sure to post some sailing pictures when you take the ship out! (I'm auto challenged and leave mine in M mode mostly).
tom
03-19-2007, 08:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum squarerigger. Sounds like sailing 17th century ships can be very exciting! I hope you get to take some pictures to share with us.

You'll find lots of friendly helpful people here, especially with the K10. Jump right in!

03-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi there, Squarerigger! You've got a lot of experience that you can pass on to us too! Can't wait to see your contributions in the forms of photos and shooting tips! Let's see some ships, too!