Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-01-2023, 08:48 PM   #1

another new old guy

Another old film guy checking in... my first 35mm camera was a Pentax - dad's Spotmatic. I upgraded to using his K-1000 when he got the LX. First one I bought was an MX, and I still have most of those (the Spotmatic got donated to a gallery) plus an ME Super I got after college. Plus the rest of dad's gear (he passed away just a few years ago), and since I'm getting a little more free time as I get older I'm going back to my roots a bit. I've been all digital, and non-Pentax mostly just using the phone camera for some years now but have started getting all the film gear out again, so that means back to Pentax!

Well, I'll be shooting a bunch of medium format too, and that's not Pentax gear (couldn't afford a 645 or a 67 myself, and Dad was mostly Mamiya for that) but... we shall see.

02-01-2023, 09:53 PM   #2

Welcome.....I'm real new here, too. My experience with Pentax was influenced by a family friend during my childhood.... I don't remember what model he had. I have had an MX (I need to ask my brother if he still has it.... I gave it to him) and a Super Program that I bought in 1984.... still have it.
02-02-2023, 01:32 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, your not the only of age around here…
02-02-2023, 04:48 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings and welcome to you both!

02-02-2023, 04:52 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome
02-02-2023, 05:34 AM   #6
Forum Member

Welcome to the forum.
02-02-2023, 08:18 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PentaxForums!

02-02-2023, 09:37 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see some shots.
02-04-2023, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by madsox Quote
Another old film guy checking in... my first 35mm camera was a Pentax - dad's Spotmatic. I upgraded to using his K-1000 when he got the LX. First one I bought was an MX, and I still have most of those (the Spotmatic got donated to a gallery) plus an ME Super I got after college. Plus the rest of dad's gear (he passed away just a few years ago), and since I'm getting a little more free time as I get older I'm going back to my roots a bit. I've been all digital, and non-Pentax mostly just using the phone camera for some years now but have started getting all the film gear out again, so that means back to Pentax!

Well, I'll be shooting a bunch of medium format too, and that's not Pentax gear (couldn't afford a 645 or a 67 myself, and Dad was mostly Mamiya for that) but... we shall see.
Welcome! I am also a new member and my first SLR too is a Pentax, a ME Super. The Pentax MX is my favourite K mount film body and I remember repeatedly going through the related printed materials again and again during my high school years.