Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #1

Hi, New user from St. Louis

I have had a number of Pentax point and shoots and used a Canon 35mm elanIIe film camera. I was so impressed with Pentax point and shoots that when it was time to purchase a dslr, there was only one choice. My k200d is much better than I am, but I'm getting more familiar, i.e. better every time I get it out of the case. Santa(my wife) gave me the 50mm f/1.4 Pentax lense for Christmas. It is a wonderful little lense. I can't wait to see what kind of stop action I will be able to get at my daughters club volleyball tournaments! Anyway, Hello to everyone. I'm excited to be able to learn alot about digital photography with other Pentax owners.

12-30-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are a few dozen of us St. Louis shooters on the forum. Join the club in my sig, and welcome.
12-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #3
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, fellow St. Louisan.

I have the 50mm f/1.4, and have had very good success shooting basketball and Tae Kwon Doe indoors...
12-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum and the Pentax world of DSLR's.

12-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fellow St. Louisan

Welcome to you fishinforsmallmouth from another Gateway enthusiast. Over the last year or so I've found this Forum to be helpful and the members to be friendly and great photographers - and devoted to Pentax. Enjoy!

P.S. one of my other hobbies is fishinfortrout