Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
hi from minneapolis

I am just starting into photagraphy as a hobby. Are there any clubs around minneapolis?

12-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum.
Here's a start for you; TCACCC
12-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, there's one big worldwide club just here (right in your own home).
12-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome! I too live in the TC area. I had toyed with the idea of joining a photography club but I've opted to just take photos of stuff that is around. The group of people here are some of the best critics and teachers of photography I could have asked for.

12-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #5

Another Displaced Canuk

Hi

I finally found a DSLR to replace digital point & shoots. Since Canon made all my nice lenses useless and I still had Pentax Len's from High School and many fond memories it was time and the len's were all I remember.

Now if I can find a good Split Prism with Micro-prisms around it for manual focus. Matte sucks But my M42 50mm F1.4 Super Tak is just beautiful on the body and focuses to the centre AF point and it lights up!

This is a nice place!

I think we have to get the Marketing Types in CO to start marketing again. Not one store sells Pentax in Houston. (But they have some used.) Active dissuasion of new users occurs. My stuff comes from Amazon, My Old stuff, eBay and Stratford Ontario (jasonc@carmans.com prophotobags-Amazon, prodigital2000-ebay)!

Cheers John
01-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Greetings from ANOTHER Minnesotan...we are everywhere here!

Don't know any clubs around the metro. Gary's link should be a great start for you. Welcome!
01-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

And another!

I'd be interested in where fellow Minneapolites shoot in the winter - so far, I've hit 1) MOA, and 2) Como Conservatory.
01-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #8

Original Poster
places to shoot.

go for christmas light before they all get taken down. Night in winter makes some neat stuff with all the lights that are on. Go over to the old Thunderbird hotel north of the MOA. it has low pressure sodium lights in the parking lot, the lighting is horrible, but people come to photograph stuff under them. any winter events are fun. Try the dog parks for fun action to shoot. go down by the calhoon beach club, their is always some recreation to shoot down their. Koch refinery down towards hastings is neat. Anywhere their is open water like the cooling water outlets at powerplants. Sit by the exit of a carwash on a dam cold day.

01-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #9

Original Poster
Is their any pentax club or group meeting in the twin cities?