Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2023, 12:32 PM - 4 Likes   #1

Hello otill from Wuppertal - city of suspension railway, running with wheels up.

Hi folks, my name is Osfried,
in early 1970's I started out with Asahi Pentax Spotmatic II. After the Spotmatic was stolen I bought the Pentax K2 and later the ME-Super. All cameras have done an excellent job during my Europe and Asia trips and have been completely reliable. In 2000 I bought the Pentax MZ-5n (used on some trips to the USA, photo attached) which was really good too
In 2005 I switched to digital and got the "istD" for a very fair price, which accompanied me on trips to Asia and Cuba and also to Scotland, it also worked really well. I gave the latter and some of the analogues to my son. Since 2011 I am using the K-5 and I am really satisfied. I retired in 2020, that was the starting point for the digitization of all analog photos - so far about 8000 till now and there are more.
I received the K-3 III last month and am currently training to familiarize myself with some of the details. I got the pentaxforum ebook for that. I have found that it accommodates camera settings which are not found in the manuals due to the different firmware updates.
The reason for this old school camera is that I have a couple of Pentax K lenses and really prefer an optical viewfinder. Everything I've tested so far seems very satisfactory to me. Especially the Bluetooth connection to my smartphone. So I don't miss a moveable LCD monitor, because LV works great with Image Sync, and the transmission of geodata is also adequate.

I'm really glad I found this site, there is a lot of value about Pentax products and really good service in terms of reviews and lifetime updates.

Attached Images

04-03-2023, 01:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Osfried!
Kind regards, from New Zealand.
04-03-2023, 04:32 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to PentaxForums, Osfried!
04-03-2023, 05:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

~

Welcome!

04-03-2023, 05:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard, Osfried- glad to have you with us! Your MZ-5n looks very familiar indeed, as I still have mine, bought as my compact alternative to my main camera, the PZ-1P, back when still shootng only film during the 1990's. These days, I am mainly shooting with the KP for my compact needs, and the K-1 II for other needs, but sometimes with my K-5 IIs also. Congratulations in getting your new K-3 III! Plese do let us know how well it is going for you. Any questions at all, don't hesitate to start a thread. There are surely many experienced K-3 III owners among us who could provide some insights regarding its operation, as well as other tips for you.
04-04-2023, 02:43 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Greetings Osfried and welcome to Pentax Forums, also from Germany! I live in Ingelheim, a ways south of you. This is a fantastic and friendly place, so don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them.
04-04-2023, 02:55 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! Greetings from Greece!

04-04-2023, 03:41 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gruesse Dich!

I look forward to seeing your images.
04-08-2023, 01:27 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, enjoy all that the forum has to offer