Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2023, 08:02 PM   #1

Hello from Northern California

Hi from a new forum member. I am currently renting a Ricoh GR III for a week, and plan to purchase one as soon as I unload some of my other camera gear. (It's hard for gear nerds to get rid of stuff.) I am enjoying the camera very much, though it took a bit of time to set it up to my liking. In the end, customizing the FN buttons made the experience quite enjoyable, though the battery performance is a bit lacking.

From YouTube to FB to DP Review to this forum, I am submerging my brain into all the GR tips. Very helpful stuff. Additionally, I am inspired by some of the Ricoh groups on Flickr, esp. since Flickr easily displays EXIF info for each pic. My recent GR pics are at RobertDicks2 | Flickr.

Related, I have a great condition Pentax ME, but seldom shoot film. Re Ricoh, I have owned their film cameras in the past, too. All solid stuff.

Since DP Review is no more, I think there will be an uptick of Ricoh-Pentax users in this space.

Robert

04-22-2023, 09:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Did you rent it from a brick and mortar store, or online?
04-23-2023, 02:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome
04-23-2023, 03:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Greetings and welcome to Pentax Forums from Germany!

04-23-2023, 01:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi, Robert! Welcome to PentaxForums. We've already welcomed quite a few former DPR denizens, all are welcome here!
04-23-2023, 02:33 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums.
04-23-2023, 03:14 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome here, enjoy all that the forum has to offer.

04-23-2023, 09:36 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
Did you rent it from a brick and mortar store, or online?
Hi. I rented it from Lens Rentals at Lensrentals.com - Rent Lenses and Cameras from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Leica, and more -- and they are very efficient. Came packed in a Pelican or similar hard case.