Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
New Photog from ... Nebraska.

Well long story should 3 of my 4 best friends are all pentax shooters with two k10d owners and one k100d in the mix. Soo I decided after learning bits and pieces from them over the years to finally take the dive into photo world.

AND got my a k20d ... because i have to have a better body than all of them ... muhahhaha. Anyway, I do enjoy photography quite a bit and might be open to freelance work once i get good enough or just enjoying it for myself. I am currently hoping to get a 18-50mm F/2.8 macro sigma for a good starter glass off of ebay so i can start shooting here soon.

I have learned some interesting things about photog world already ... like dealing with NiCanon fanboys ... which is great. Apparently i made a HUGE mistake in getting a pentax; which has apparently is the joke in the DSLR world ... even thought he k10d has won numerous awards lol and pentax limited primes are pretty much the best primes you can buy. (He was also a seriously apple fanboy ... i run a macbook pro but iphoto, which he said i should use exclusively is far superior to lightroom ... oh and no one shoots raw ... i mean no one lol)

Anywho ... can't wait to post some cool fotos.

01-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! Lot's of very friendly and knowledgeable folks on this forum. I think you will enjoy it.
01-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay

cheers
01-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay

01-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year.