Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hi everybody... From Seattle

What a great forum.

After 2 years of hmmming and haaaaing I have finaly laid my hands on a DSLR in my price and experience range that I could feel good about buying. A K200d which I purchased(body only) from Kenmore Camera(it's a great shop and I don't feel bad at all to have spent a little more to help support them). I just got it last night and after about 10 minutes had the f2 50 off my K1000 working beautifully, thanks in large part to some great info found or linked to from here.

About 2 months ago I was this >< close to getting a D40.... I sure am glad that I didn't.

I bought my K1000 about 6 years ago in the hopes of learning to capture "photographs" instead of the "visual evidence of past events" you get from a p&s, but a lack of good note keeping and the inability of processors to understand "no corrections" made it dificult to progress or learn anything. It's not that I wasn't able to come up with a number of good photos, it's just that I have no idea what I did to get there. Which is where the D comes in. There's a lot to be said for being able to instantly see your mistakes.

I plan to go out shooting for a bit today. I'll try to post something here a bit later.

P.S. As this my first post here, I feel I should make it clearly understood that I tend to ramble a bit, which I'm sure will become obvious as I spend more time here.

01-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #2

Welcome from another Puget Sounder.

When I bought my K10d, I seriously considered a Nikon D80. I haven't regretted the decision for one second! Enjoy your K200d!
01-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and Happy New Year to you and yours.
01-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome. Enjoy your new camera & the forum. Look forward to viewing your images.

01-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your K200D purchase. It is a fine camera. I grew up in Briar (just north of Kenmore) and did business with Kenmore Camera when I was a teenager in the late 60's and early 70's. They were a great little shop then and from all reports continue the tradition of good service to this day.

Steve
01-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys...... After one day, I love this camera. Actualy very easy to use, even in full manual, though the menu is a little clumsy, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I used to date a girl from Briar, just after Highschool, what a whore she turned out to be

Took a bunch of photos yesterday, but realized later that I'd gotten a bit outa hand with the DOF on most, but still got a few I like with this being my fav for the day.
Name:  Nut.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  366.0 KB
(Amidoinitrite?)

C.C. appreciated.

Last edited by jak442; 01-04-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: higher quality photo