Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #1

Hello from Montana

Greetings:

My husband and I have just joined the Forum under one account. We are both 57 and live aboard our 34 foot sailboat which is presently moored in Wrangell Alaska. We have both enjoyed our Ist*D but, because of the incredible photo ops presented by our cruising, we are thinking of purchasing a K20D with a Pentax SMCP-DA 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 ED AL (IF) as its first lens.

We have currently returned to Montana, our state of residence, and are borrowing a friends apartment so we can work for the winter months and replenish the cruising kitty. We would love comments about our proposed purchase and any suggestions about great deals.

Thanks

01-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining the forums. I am sure you will find hints for your next purchase when surfing the threads.

Waiting to see some pics ...
01-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you have an ideal lifestyle going on there.
01-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, neighbours (almost). I am 10 road miles west of the Great Divide on Canada's Highway 3 - which puts me about 30 air miles from Montana's north border. Love the state and my province for the same reasons.

I am envious of the boating. I was born in Ocean Park (just West of White Rock) a mile and a half swim from the US border. Dad was a commercial fisherman. My brother rebuilt a Piver 40' trimaran about 30 years ago and spent a year or two cruising with it. Last he heard of it it was in Fiji in commercial use.

While my brother was cruising he used his favourite camera from my collection - A Minolta 16 - which I still have. The ultimate in pocketables. No batteries either.