Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New from central Pennsylvania

Hi all Pentax fans. My name is Ken and I live in State College, Pennsylvania, amidst some very pretty ridges and bucolic valleys. I teach at Penn State University (Joe Paterno's home), and am originally from the Toronto area (I'm a dual citizen).

I was a dedicated SLR user for years (Konica T4, Canon AE1, but I always lusted after the compact Pentaxes...), plus a few digital prosumers, but am thrilled to have just purchased a 20KD. I'm on the lookout for the sweet pancake lenses for upcoming field research in India/Nepal and Africa (Ghana/Tanzania).

A final bit of trivia: I ride a KLR650 dual sport, which is I think of as the Pentax of motorcycles.

cheers!

Ken

01-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #2

hi ken, i'm di - i'm new to this site. your future trips sound fantastic. i've just inherited a few pentax lens from my dear dad. As he is no longer around to ask him what they are for i thought id join this site.

trivia: i ride a honda crf150R - which camera i would relate that to i don't know - something quick & bites would be it.

cheers
01-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi to both of you. I'm kinda' new here as well and find this to be my first opportunity to be the first to say welcome. It's a great forum with a wealth of info and an amazing number of helpful and knowledgable people.

enjoy
01-10-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Ken. Hope to see a photo of your bike posted soon. Enjoy the K20 & the forum

01-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, enjoy the forum.
01-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #6

Original Poster
Hi Di. Is that the African Gold Coast or the Aussie one?

Ken
01-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Ken, welcome on this forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

BTW: What is that Frisian Flag doing in your Avatar???